Wittenberg offers several semester long programs in Washington, D.C., including a Washington Economic Policy semester in conjunction with American University This program offers a semester of formal classroom training in economic policy issues at American University and provides you with the opportunity to pursue either independent research on a policy issue or an internship with an executive or legislative agency.
Economics students also pursue a variety of internships. Some recent sites include:
- Northwestern Mutual Life
- Department of Development, City of Springfield
- IDS Financial Services
- Lebanon valley Veterans Administration Hospital
- Equitable Insurance
- Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- Merrill Lynch
- Marsh and McLennan, Inc
- JC Penny Co.
- Royale Investments, Inc.
- Ways and Means Committee, U.S. House of Representatives
- The Blade Manufacturing Co.
- Woods and Poole, Inc