Department of Education Outcomes
- Our students achieve exceptionally high-pass rates on the Praxis II exam and State of Ohio’s licensure exam.
- Graduates from our program have earned teaching positions across the country including in Winterville, N.C., Pompano Beach, Fla., South Bend, Ind., and Columbus, Ohio.
- In 2011 Wittenberg was one of only two private liberal arts institutions to receive a $1 million grant from the highly competitive Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program funded by the National Science Foundation.
- Education minors pursuing a career in secondary education STEM fields may be eligible for the scholarship. Learn more on the (Wittenberg Noyce Scholarship) homepage.
Beginning in school, and continuing at successively higher levels across their college studies, students should prepare for twenty-first-century challenges by gaining:
Knowledge of Human Cultures and the Physical and Natural World
• Through study in the sciences and mathematics, social sciences, humanities, histories, languages, and the arts
Focused by engagement with big questions, both contemporary and enduring
Intellectual and Practical Skills, including
- Inquiry and analysis
- Critical and creative thinking
- Written and oral communication
- Quantitative literacy
- Information literacy
- Teamwork and problem solving
Practiced extensively, across the curriculum, in the context of progressively more challenging problems, projects, and standards for performance
Personal and Social Responsibility, including
- Civic knowledge and engagement—local and global
- Intercultural knowledge and competence
- Ethical reasoning and action
- Foundations and skills for lifelong learning
Anchored through active involvement with diverse communities and real-world challenges
Integrative and Applied Learning, including
- Synthesis and advanced accomplishment across general and specialized studies
Demonstrated through the application of knowledge, skills, and responsibilities to new settings
The learning outcomes stated above are part of the Association of American Colleges & Universities' (AAC&U) LEAP campaign, which includes Essential Learning Outcomes. For more information visit the AAC&U page.