The Interfraternity Council (IFC) is the governing body for the 6 North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC) fraternities at Wittenberg University. Member fraternities are: Beta Theta Pi, Delta Sigma Phi, Delta Tau Delta, Lambda Chi Alpha, Phi Gamma Delta, and Phi Kappa Psi.
IFC executive officers and delegates meet weekly. Contact the IFC President to be added to the delegate meeting agenda.
Approximately 35% of men on Wittenberg's campus are Greek in any given year.
IFC Mission Statement and Purpose
We, the Interfraternal community of Wittenberg University, are men united in common goals promoting the improvement of our lives and those around us. Believing in the importance of high academic achievement, proactive and responsible leadership, and service to our chapters, university, and community, we foster the growth of the individual. We accomplish these goals through continued support, member education, adherence to high scholastic and moral standards, conscientious social activities, and an unequaled network of human resources.
- To be the representative, legislative body of the fraternity community
- To act as a liaison between the fraternities, the University at large, and the Springfield community
- To build community among the fraternities
- To organize and coordinate programs for the Greek Community and Wittenberg University campus and in conjunction with the women’s Panhellenic Association
- To educate the fraternity and University communities as to the values of and issues affecting the Greek Life
- To ensure the continued existence and growth of a strong and productive Fraternity Community
The 2015 Interfraternity Council Officers
|Chief Justice of Standards||Mike McDunn||mcdunnt|
|VP Recruitment||Max Jump||jumpb|
|VP Philanthropic & Projects||Cameron Black||blackc|
|VP Public Relations||Conor Johnson||johnsonc4|
|VP Records & Finance||Leo Vo||vop|
|VP Scholarship||Morgan Miller||millerm5|
|VP Member Development||Michael Southard||southardf|
|Greek Senator||Michael Southard||southardf|
|2015 Interfraternity Council Chapter Presidents|
|Beta Theta Pi||David Barth||barthd|
|Delta Sigma Phi||Jamison Shriver||shriverj|
|Delta Tau Delta||Dennis Gleason||gleasond|
|Lambda Chi Alpha||Cory Ross||rossc|
|Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI)||Gino Frederico||fredericog|
|Phi Kappa Psi||Sam Geise||geises|
Wittenberg University Recruitment Rules - see Bylaws