The Wittenberg University Health and Counseling Center is closed for the summer. It will re-open Aug. 15, 2016.
The Wittenberg University Health and Counseling Center is a clinic staffed by certified nurse practitioners and overseen by a board-certified physician who are interested in keeping you well so you may enjoy campus life and accomplish your educational objectives. Services are provided on a strictly confidential basis; no information is given to anyone without signing a release of information.
Services- available to full-time traditional students
- Nurse practitioner appointments
- Care of acute/and chronic illness/injury
- Clinical lab testing
- Minor surgery (such as suturing laceration, removal of foreign bodies)
- Reproductive services including examination, lab tests, treatment, and education
- Appointments encouraged but walk-ins are also welcomed
- Self-care products
- Health Education
- Free health & wellness pamphlets
- A fee is charged for students to be evaluated and/or treated by the nurse practitioners.
- There are fees for prescription medications, lab work and some medical treatments.
- Private health insurance plans are direct billed.
- Co-pay is due at the time of service.
- Students need to bring photo ID and insurance card to the visit.
- If a student does not have insurance, a $45 visit fee is due at the time of service.
If the student is covered by a private insurance plan that dictates the use of a specific laboratory or pharmacy, be sure that the student is aware of this fact.