“Having Light We Pass It On To Others”
You will find this motto inscribed on the Seal of Wittenberg University.
One way the “light” of Wittenberg shines is through the lives of its outstanding students. Since its founding in 1845, Wittenberg has been blessed through support from the Lutheran Church. Wittenberg has responded to this support by offering the best educational experience possible through generous financial assistance to Lutheran students.
The Lutheran Scholarship Partners Program encourages Lutheran congregations to participate in supporting their students who attend Wittenberg.
Congregational scholarships may be for any amount. Wittenberg will match up to $500 of a congregation’s scholarship for each student per academic year. Wittenberg has two semesters each year with the first semester’s bill due Aug. 5, and the second due Dec. 15. Congregations may choose to send funds each semester or send a single check for the total amount at the beginning of the academic year. Please be sure to designate the student’s name on the check.
To qualify for Lutheran Scholarship Partners, the student must:
- Be a member of a Lutheran congregation, which awards scholarships to all members attending Wittenberg
- Be in good standing with and receive a scholarship from his/her congregation
- Be in good standing at Wittenberg and academically eligible for financial assistance
- Notify the Wittenberg University Financial Aid office in writing as to the amount of the congregational scholarship when known
- Download Scholarship Brochure (including transmission form)