Name: Quin Gable
Major(s), Minor(s): Communication Minor: Sociology
Astrological sign: Cancer
1. What was your most memorable speaking experience?
-Having a role in last years play, The Vagina Monologues
2. How do you usually go about planning an oral presentation?
-With an outline first. You absolutely have to start with an outline. Then figure out your speaking patterns after that!
3. Do you have any interesting quirks and/or routines you follow when you’re speaking (or about to speak)? What are they?
-I write out different words I can't say. I spell them how I say them. I do this right before I have a presentation every time.
4. What was the best speech you ever heard? Why?
-A Pep Talk from Kid President to You. This is hands down, the most touching speech you'll ever hear. Youtube it now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o
5. What types of speaking assignments have you had here at Wittenberg?
-My hand gestures. I LOVE talking with my hands and sometimes it can get very distracting.
7. What advice do you have for students about participating in class discussions?
-always be confident, even if you don't have the write answer!
8. What advice do you have for other Wittenberg students who are facing an oral assignment?
-don't sweat it! Be nervous but just now that your fellow classmates are probably just as nervous as you! Just be who you are and know what you are talking about and you'll do great!
9. What should students know about you when they come in to visit you in the OCC?
-I love my job at the OCC, and I am extremely passionate about helping you present an amazing speech!
10. What’s the best part about working in the OCC?
-THE MINTS! Just kidding, thats an added bonus. The OCC is just an amazing environment and resource for students who need some help with anything involving public speaking!