Purchasing computer hardware, requirements
In most cases, computer sellers such as Dell, Gateway, Apple, etc. do offer education pricing to students. Before purchase, we recommend checking into one of these programs.
Wittenberg affiliated computer purchase programs:
- Lenovo discount program: Lenovo
- Dell discount program through the campus bookstore: Dell
- Apple discount program: Apple
Is it required that students provide a computer?
- No it isn't required. Students have computer labs available to them in each residence hall, the library, student center, and most academic buildings. Currently around 350 computers are available for students to use at any given time, with laser printers available in those locations as well.
Laptop or desktop?
- With the range of locations available to students for wireless access, a laptop offers the most flexibility when it comes to a change of scenery. Students can connect to the wireless network in places like the library, student center while getting a bite to eat, or out on the lawn. Meanwhile a desktop might offer more power or a different video card, which can be important to a student planning to use the computer at home for more non-academic pursuits. Whichever choice you make, students should practice basic security measures like locking the door to the room or apartment even when "only leaving for a little while", etc. If you wouldn't leave a wallet or purse in an unlocked room, you shouldn't leave the door unlocked with your computer (and your roommate's too!) in there.
PC or Mac?
- The campus computer population is 95% PC, 5% Mac. While you can use e-mail, Internet, and courseware from either platform, a Windows PC is equipped to access other campus electronic resources like network drive storage space, etc.
What help can students get from the Computing staff?
- Computing Center student staff members will not perform repairs or upgrades on personally owned computers. Our help is limited to getting a personal computer back on Wittenberg's network.
- No program, virus software, or device can prevent all viruses, Trojans, bots, etc. There will be times where the software corruption on the computer may be beyond our purview to correct. In those cases, we will refer you to your manufacturer's technical support or another third party for additional repair or assistance.
Hardware and software requirements
- There are no minimum hardware specifications, but a network card is required for the network connection.
- Wireless data access points, switches, routers or other hardware that changes the configuration of Wittenberg's physical network
- No server version operating systems or applications are permitted.
- This list is not comprehensive; for information about a particular device, contact the Solution Center.
Want more information? Click here for directions, troubleshooting, and more.
This document last reviewed February 15, 2010.