Long Term Disability - Full-time Faculty and Administrative Staff
The university provides, at no cost to the faculty or administrative staff member, long term disability coverage. Coverage is effective after a one year eligibility period. Benefits are available after a six month qualification period (six months of total disability) and provide 60 percent of base compensation up to a maximum of $7,000 per month. In addition, if enrolled, this coverage will continue the University's contribution to TIAA-CREF during the period of disability. Benefits are paid until the age of 65 or for five years if the disability occurs after age 60.
LTD Summaries of Benefits
- LTD Summary - Class 1 (Closed class)
- LTD Summary - Classes 2 & 3 (All full-time Faculty & Administrative Staff and All full-time Shared Faculty)
- LTD Certificate - Class 1 (Closed class)
- LTD Certificate - Class 2 (All full-time Faculty and Administrative Staff)
- LTD Certificate - Class 3 (All full-time Shared Faculty)
Short Term Disability - Hourly Staff
The University provides short-term disability insurance for all hourly employees. Coverage is effective on the first of the month following the date of employment. Benefits are available after a 30-day elimination period and pay 60% of base compensation for a period up to a maximum of 6 months.