If you would like the opportunity to share your expertise with your peers, then tutoring in the Math Workshop may be the place for you. Besides providing a valuable service to students, tutors will gain deeper insight into their subject area, develop even stronger problem-solving skills, reinforce your ability to communicate and think clearly, logically, and creatively, and build your self-confidence. Tutoring is especially advantageous if you are considering a career in teaching, whether it be math or a math-related field of study.
Students must meet the following requirements for employment in the Math Workshop:
1. Grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
2. Completion of the course intended to tutor (i.e. Calculus I and II for math tutors) with a B or higher.
3. Complete an application form available in the Math Workshop.
4. Two letters of recommendation from a person that can comment on the tutor’s math and/or tutoring ability.
5. Personal interview with the Math Workshop Director.
Please stop in anytime to discuss this rewarding employment opportunity!