Neither students nor non-students may use campus grounds and/or facilities for commercial purposes unless written permission has been obtained from the university. Students should seek permission from the Student Services Department and employees should consult with their supervisors before making the intended solicitation.
- It is the policy of Wittenberg University to prohibit any and all solicitation or sales in camp buildings other than operations by a lease or agent whose contract with Wittenberg permits such solicitation or sale.
- As defined for this policy statement, the terms “solicitation” and “sales” mean any effort by an individual or an organization to:
- ask for, seek, beg, or entreat passersby to make monetary contribution
- seek membership applications from passers-by to any organization not organized by Wittenberg University
- offer for sale any item, symbol, or product, whether or not there is an actual on-the-spot monetary transaction.
- Guidelines for vendors, solicitation, and fundraising are available at the Office of Student Activities and Student Center and at the Benham- Pence Student Center
The above policy is not construed to prohibit the membership drives and activities conducted by recognized Wittenberg University organizations. Permission for such activities may be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.