Applications for the 2016-17 school year are due by Sept. 22, 2016. Sessions are held for five Mondays from 7:30pm-9:00pm on the following dates:
- Sept. 26
- Oct. 3
- Oct. 10
- Oct. 24
- Oct. 31
- Nov. 1 (Closing Banquet)
The Emerging Leaders Program is a five week leadership program developed specifically for first-year students who want to make a difference and distinguish themselves as leaders on campus.
Based on the Social Change Model of Leadership, Emerging Leaders focuses on making positive, social change in ourselves, our groups, and society. Emerging Leaders aims to help you develop the skills, leadership, and knowledge that you will need to be an effective leader both on campus and after graduation.
Participating in Emerging Leaders will allow you to get involved on campus, network with first year students and Wittenberg staff members, develop a better understanding of yourself and working with others, learn the value of a diversity community, and prepare you to make a difference at Wittenberg.
If you have questions about the Emerging Leaders program or would like to nominate a first-year student, please contact the Office of Student Involvement (937-327-7815) or Courtney Steinmetz '17 Student Coordinator of Leadership (email@example.com).
Student Leadership Awards
From honoring student organizations and advisors of the year; to celebrating diversity, health and wellness, or contributions to spiritual life; to recognizing our unsung heroes - this annual ceremony celebrates individuals, organizations or events that have impacted the campus community in a positive way. Nominations are gathered from the entire campus community, and through a selection committee comprised of students, faculty, and staff, winners are selected and recognized at this campus-wide event. This year, the Leadership Awards Ceremony will take place on April 5, 2017. Know a deserving individual, organization or program? Nominate them today!
Interested in past winners? The 2016 Student Leadership Award-winners are listed below, while a complete listing of award-winners dating back to 2013 can be found here.
Thanks to all who submitted nominations or were nominated, and congratulations to those organizations and individuals that earned awards. (Please note that awards noted with "FSL" refer to awards specific to Fraternity & Sorority Life members and organizations.)
- Student Organization of the Year: Fuller Center for Housing
- New Student Organization of the Year: The Hero Project
- Club Sport/Recreational Organization of the Year: Wittenberg Cheerleading
- Program of the Year: Pack Away Hunger (Lesotho Nutrition Initiative)
- Advisor of the Year: Ken Irwin, Outdoors Club
- Volunteer Advisor of the Year: Kira Richardson, Shades of Pearl
- Celebration of Diversity: Unity Wall: "Wall of Oppression" (Concerned Black Students)
- Contributions to Religious and Spiritual Life: Visit & Learn Series (Heath Queen, Interfaith Senator)
- Unsung Hero: Dr. Wendy Gradwohl, Dawn Kolb, Laura Siemon, Kelly Mahlum, Jeanne Riedel
- Contributions to Community Living: Ferncliff Hall programs (RA Troy Weathers)
- Contributions to Health and Wellness: The Don McPherson visit/programs (Athletics, Fraternity/Sorority Life, Student Development)
- Community Involvement Award: Celebrate Service programs (Community Service Office)
- Chapter of Excellence (FSL): Delta Gamma
- Outstanding Community Service & Philanthropy (FSL): Kappa Delta & Phi Kappa Psi
- Dietrich Academic Excellence (FSL): Alpha Delta Pi & Beta Theta Pi
- Most Improved Chapter (FSL): Delta Tau Delta
- Greek Woman of the Year (FSL): Haley Mucha, Gamma Phi Beta
- Greek Man of the Year (FSL): Bill Downing, Phi Gamma Delta
- Richard R. Scott Faculty Member of the Year (FSL): Dr. Gary Williams, Athletics