Student organizations frequently have questions about the campus policies that most often affect them. Below, please find the text to the following policies:
- Posting Policy
- Posting Policy - Residence Halls (below)
- Safe Social Hosting procedures (formerly "Programming with Alcohol Policy")
- Safe Social Hosting Event Registration Form (formerly "Programming with Alcohol")
- Catering Policy
Any department or student organization that is affiliated with Wittenberg University may post materials in campus buildings, except residence halls, which are covered by a separate policy.
Posting Policy - Residence Halls
Any club or organization that is affiliated with Wittenberg University may submit materials to be posted in the residence halls. In order to ensure that materials are posted appropriately, the following posting policy has been implemented:
- All materials to be posted in Wittenberg residence halls must be submitted for approval at the Office of Residence Life.
- Materials must meet these guidelines:
• Materials must not promote the use of alcohol in any way or display any alcohol manufacturer or bar location/name. Exception: Events at The Founder’s Room may be advertised on campus.
• Materials must be consistent with the university policy regarding sexist, racist and other discriminatory conduct (published in Student Handbook).
- Upon approval of staff in the Office of Residence Life, residence hall staff will place the materials on approved bulletin boards. This will be completed within three business days.
- Approved materials may remain posted until completion of the event. Residence hall staff will ensure that event materials are removed upon their completion date.
- Materials without approval (noted by the Office of Residence Life stamp) will be immediately removed and a copy given to the Area Coordinator for the hall for follow-up.
RA programming publicity, RA announcements, RA bulletin board materials, and RHA/Hall Government materials do not need “stamped” approval.
Catering Policy & Frequently Asked Questions
Wittenberg University and Parkhurst Dining have mutually agreed that Parkhurst will be the sole provider of all food and related services for all events held on Wittenberg property. The only authorized exception is for drop-off pizza orders.