Wittenberg Commencement Checklist
- For questions regarding participation, call the Registrar's Office at (937) 327-6131
- Resolve any outstanding fees before Friday April 20, 2018
- Make bookstore purchases
- Order Black cap, gown and tassel
- March 19 - 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- March 20 - 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Announcements (optional)
- Check Commencement web site periodically for updates
- Ask parents if they are making Department Breakfast Reservations
Breakfast Menu (Coming Soon!)
- Pick-up gowns April 23-April 27 during business hours.
- Rain site tickets will be available online beginning 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 1. To claim your rain site tickets, click this link and register as a user with your Wittenberg username and password. A limited number of extra tickets will be available beginning at 8 a.m. Tuesday, May 8. Tickets can be requested using the same log-in instructions and website. TICKETS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR THE OUTDOOR CEREMONY.
- Attend Senior Salute at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, Myers Hall, to have group picture taken on front steps. (Rain date: Thursday, May 3)
Friday, May 11
- 11:30 a.m.- Women's and Men's Honor Societies Luncheon (by invitation only)
- 2:15 p.m. - Baccalaureate Service, Weaver Chapel
- 4:00 p.m. - President's Reception, Benjamin Prince House (rain site Geil Lounge, Benham-Pence Student Center
- Pick up Breakfast tickets at Benham-Pence Student Center Information Desk.
Commencement Day, Saturday, May 12
- Mortar Board Flowers - Pick up at Benham-Pence Student Center Lobby
- Only the graduating senior marches in the ceremony.
- Official attire for the graduating senior is the black robe, cap and tassel in the ceremony. (Honor cords, if applicable)
- If the ceremony is out-of-doors in the Hollow, please be at walkway between Koch Hall and Recitation Hall by 11 a.m. If you are unsure whether it is indoors or out, just remember...The Bell Tells All!
- If the ceremony is indoors due to inclement weather, please go directly to the HPER Center Legends Lobby by 11 a.m.
- The tassel goes on the right of the cap for those receiving the Bachelor's degree and on the left for those receiving the Master's degree.
- Turn off cell phones, pagers and watch alarms.
- Confer with parents and friends on a place to meet after the ceremony.
- Have fun! The day is filled with interesting and significant traditions. Like this one...