To assist you in being pro-active during this time, the ODH website and CDC website both offer comprehensive overviews regarding the virus and the precautionary steps you can take to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses. These steps include:
- Routinely washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds during each time.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As for symptoms and the incubation period, the ODH’s site reports that “people who have been diagnosed with novel coronavirus have reported symptoms that may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus.” Symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing
If you have been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 and are experiencing symptoms, please contact the Health Center immediately at 937-327-7811 or call the walk-in clinic at 937-523-9050.