Skip to Content

Forms, Resources & Policies

Student Employment Policies

Required Paperwork

Once a student secures employment, the following forms must be completed and on file prior to beginning work:

  1. Student Employment Contract
  2. USCIS Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9)
  3. Federal, state and local tax forms
  4. Other tax forms (International Students only)

The completion of these forms is essential to the operation of Student Employment, and failure to complete them may result in the forfeiture of compensation. Additionally, the department may require employees to complete departmental contracts, which include more detailed descriptions of student responsibilities.

The Student Employment Contract must be completed annually, each time a student changes jobs, as well as any time a student works for Wittenberg during the summer break period.

The I-9 requires the student employee to present original forms of identification (e.g., passport, drivers license, social security card, birth certificate). Details regarding the I-9 and a list of acceptable IDs can be found by clicking on the U.S. Department of Justice Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form found under "Required Documents." The I-9 form is required only once during the four years. Furthermore, the student must complete a W-4 tax form and any other tax documents that might be necessary.

These forms are available from and will be kept on file by the Student Employment Office. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all of the necessary paperwork has been completed and received by the Student Employment Office prior to beginning work.

Students may not work until all paperwork is completed.

Required Documents

Optional Documents

These forms are for students to complete if they want their pay to go to their student account or if they want to cancel their pay going to student accounts.

Changing Jobs

Should students wish to change jobs or simply quit without securing other employment, they must send written notification to both Student Employment and the current employer. Any and all consequences that arise as a result of a voluntary change in employment are the responsibility of the student. No job changes will be allowed until the end of the second week of fall semester.

Students who do not receive financial aid but are nonetheless employed by the university because of exceptional circumstances may not change jobs. Should the department that originally employed the student no longer require the services of that student, no further employment may be secured. In other words, students not on financial aid who secure employment through unusual circumstances are not entitled to any employment outside that department or different from their original position without prior approval from the Office of Student Employment.

Back to top