About The Summer Internship Program
The summer internship is designed to provide students with practical experience in their field of study, personal area of interest, or future career path. Summer interns are expected to work full-time, or 35-38 hours per week over the course of 8-12 weeks. During the internship, students will work under the guidance of Wittenberg University faculty and/or Greater Springfield community leaders.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.0+. Any Wittenberg student may apply.
- The Summer 2020 Hagen Center Internship will run from May 26 until July 17.
- For information, questions, or concerns, please contact Erin Neely, 937-327-7936 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates for Summer 2020 Internship
- The Summer 2020 Community Internship Program will begin May 26. Student interns will attend mandatory orientation with the Hagen Center from May 26-May 29 and will report to site placements on June 1.
Information for Students
- Students must submit a complete application and references for first consideration. Click here for form to be completed by student references.
- Students with the highest qualifications may offered an interview with an internship site.
- Interns selected to participate in the program will be paid $10.00/hour.
- Summer interns will be provided a campus residence during the term of the internship.
- Students are expected to attend the Hagen Center pre-internship orientation, tour of Greater Springfield, weekly reflection sessions, final internship presentations, and complete pre- and post-surveys.
Information for Partner Sites
- Each internship must set goals and meet project criteria while hosting a summer intern
- 2020 Interns will be compensated at a rate of $10.00/hour and will be provided university housing. We ask that each of our partners contribute funds to offset this cost.
- Submit a project request for an intern by January 24th
- Attend the Internship Mixer to meet potential interns on February 5th 5:30-7pm
- Review applications for your project and conduct interviews on February 17th and 18th from 5-8PM. *Each site will be assigned an hour and a half time slot to interview candidates*
- Click Here To Request a Summer Intern
What Students are Saying
“This summer project has given me confidence in my abilities to adapt to new situations and take on fairly autonomous projects. Additionally, I have experience seeing the behind the scenes working of a non-profit organization working toward the goal of youth development and poverty alleviation. My sociology background combined with these experiences has led me to develop a passion for servant leadership and social justice; things I will try to incorporate into my professional future.”
“After participating in the Hagen Center internship, my eyes were opened to the positive and progressive things about the community as well as the countless jobs opportunities. My eyes were also opened to realize that I want to help people as a career and this community is a place that could use my help just as much as any other.”
What Partner Sites are Saying
"Without the hard work of interns we would not be able to provide all of the services that we offer"
“Our agency was enhanced by the committed and dependable interns this summer.”
Summer Student Cookbook
On campus for the summer? Nervous to cook for yourself? Want to spend less money and still eat well?
Check out the 2019 Summer Student Cookbook!