The summer internship consists of an 8-week program designed to provide students with practical experience in their field of study, personal area of interest, or future career path. Summer interns are expected to work full-time, or 35-38 hours per week. During the internship, students will work under the guidance of Wittenberg University faculty and/or Greater Springfield community leaders.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.0+. Any Wittenberg student may apply.
- The Summer 2019 Hagen Center Internship will run from May 28 until July 19.
- For information, questions, or concerns, please contact Samantha Strich, 937-327-7936 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What Students are Saying
“This summer project has given me confidence in my abilities to adapt to new situations and take on fairly autonomous projects. Additionally, I have experience seeing the behind the scenes working of a non-profit organization working toward the goal of youth development and poverty alleviation. My sociology background combined with these experiences has led me to develop a passion for servant leadership and social justice; things I will try to incorporate into my professional future.”
“After participating in the Hagen Center internship, my eyes were opened to the positive and progressive things about the community as well as the countless jobs opportunities. My eyes were also opened to realize that I want to help people as a career and this community is a place that could use my help just as much as any other.”
What Partner Sites are Saying
“Interns have always been the single greatest component of our program and have influenced many of the improvements that we have undertaken!”
“Our agency was enhanced by the committed and dependable interns this summer.”
Important Information for Summer 2019 Internship
- The Summer 2019 Community Internship Program will run from May 28th-July 19th. Student interns will attend orientation with the Hagen Center from May 28th- May 31st and will report to site placements on June 3rd.
- Sites interested in hosting a summer intern must submit a request by January 23rd.
- Internship Mixer will be on January 30th from 5:30-7PM in Founders Pub at Wittenberg. Come meet potential intern candidates and site supervisors while learning more about the Summer Internship Program.
- Students must submit applications by February 10th at midnight for first consideration.
- Students must be available for interviews with internship sites on February 20th and 21st from 5-8PM. Students offered an interview will be notified by February 15th.
Important Dates for Summer 2019 Internship
|Request For Project Due (Sites)||January 23rd|
|Application Opens (Students)||January 24th|
|Internship Mixer (Students and Sites)||January 30th|
|Applications Due (Students)||February 10th at midnight|
|Applications Sent to Sites for Review (Sites)||February 11th|
|Offer to Interview Made (Students)||February 15th|
|Interviews(Students and Sites)||February 20th and 21st from 5-8PM|
|Internship Offers Made||February 26th|
|Students Must Accept/Decline Offers||March 4th at 9AM|
Information for Students
- Students are expected to attend the Hagen Center pre-internship orientation, tour of Greater Springfield, weekly reflection sessions, final internship presentations, and complete pre- and post-surveys
- Interns selected to participate in the program will be paid $10.00/hour.
- Summer interns will be provided a campus residence during the term of the internship.
- STUDENTS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY Applications are due by Sunday, January 10th at midnight.
Information for Partner Sites
- Each internship must set goals and meet project criteria while hosting a summer intern
- 2019 Interns will be compensated at a rate of $10.00/hour and will be provided university housing. We ask that each of our partners contribute funds to offset this cost.
- Click Here To Request a Summer Intern Requests are due by January 23rd, 2019.