|Min. Size||22 x 17 inches|
|Max. Size||44 inches x 90 inches|
|Max. Size for
|24 inches x 36 inches|
|Turnaround Time||Up to 2 Business Days (usually)|
|Service Hours||Mon-Fri 8am-5pm|
|Accepted File Formats||PDF only|
|Formatting Instructions||Text Instructions
= $3.75/linear foot
|Account number with authorization|
Wide-format printing is available to students, faculty, and staff through Thomas Library. Printing posters takes some time so it is important that you plan ahead. This is not a walk-in service so; please follow the guidelines below for sending your printing requests:
In order to maintain your document's layout we only accept PDF files. To order a poster to be printed, please use the online Wide Format Printing Request Form. Once you complete and submit this form, we will then review and process your request.
Please note: All wide-format requests must be in pdf format and sent via online request form. We will not accept requests via any other method. We are using 44" wide paper on a roll that can print up to 90" in length. Documents should be 17" x 22" or larger, up to the above limits.
If we find errors or problems that might result in unsatisfactory results, we will contact you immediately with details and available options. Once printed and processed, you will be notified via your preferred method that your print request is ready for pick up at the Main Circulation Desk in Thomas Library during its regular semester hours, as prints will not be delivered.
Charges for the wide-format printing service are as follows:
- Print requests from faculty and staff for official Wittenberg University activities will incur no charge.
- For class work/projects, student prints will be charged to their TigerPrint (Equitrac Express) account. By submitting a wide-format print request, students authorize the wide-format printing staff to charge their TigerPrint account.
- Campus clubs and organizations will be charged and must provide an account number with authorization.
- Charges are calculated as follows: $1.00 per square foot of paper used to print the document ($3.75 per linear foot). Example: A poster’s cost is determined by multiplying the dimensions 24 x 36 = 864, then dividing 864 by 144 (sq. ft.)= $6.00.
- All personal print requests are at the same price as above and must be paid in cash or check at time of pick-up. An ID card will be required.
- Public printing is not available.
- All requests are final and may not be retracted after they have been printed. Disputes regarding the status of charge/no charge print requests may be resolved with the help of appropriate supervisory personnel.
- We can mount posters on foam board up to 24 x 36 in size. The cost for this service to students and for personal projects is $6.50 per board and must be paid by cash or check. The cost for Faculty/Staff will be charged to their departmental account. If you supply the board, there will be a $3.00 charge for mounting adhesive film on for a 24 x 36 poster.
We strive to maintain a maximum turn-around time of 2 business days or less. However, large volume print requests may take additional time. Once the posters are printed, please allow at least two hours for drying and trimming.
- First, determine the size of your finished print and create a new document with those exact dimensions (see formatting instructions). We will not be able to re-size your poster from the file you send us as it can cause problems with the finished job.
- Use only one file for each print.
- Please use a white background whenever possible. If you have a white background, it is recommended to include crop/trim marks if you can. If not, they will be added to the size of your finished poster. Example: a 24 x 36 poster will now be printed out at 24.54 x 36.54 to allow for the trim marks. This is to assure your poster will be trimmed at the correct size. Most times other backgrounds (colored, gradient, textures, etc.) do not translate well onto paper. In addition, these backgrounds use more ink and take much longer to print and to dry. If you use color for your background, you will need to allow for 1/8" border around the original poster design to be used as a bleed edge.
Note to all Graphic Design students: It is required that all printing requests include bleed edges for colored backgrounds and crop/trim marks for all others otherwise, they will be sent back for you to fix.
- For wide-format printing purposes, it is generally better to insert or place text, images, charts, tables, etc. into your document instead of copying and pasting. By inserting/placing graphics or text in your project you are providing the maximum level of support for file size, resolution, file format, and color, among other attributes. On the other hand, if these are not important to the outcome of your print, you still have the option of copying and pasting them in. Do keep in mind through that doing so will lead to a much larger file.
- What you see on your computer screen may not be what you get from the printer. This is especially true with regard to pictures and colors. The colors that you see on your monitor will most likely not reproduce exactly the same on the print. Unless resolution settings are correct, images that look great on your computer screen may look pixilated or grainy when printed.
- Images for large-format printing should be at least 150 dpi at 100% scale. Pictures imported from web sites are usually compressed, low-resolution images and copyrighted in most cases. They are for on-screen presentations and web page use. When used for large prints they will appear pixilated (grainy and fuzzy). In addition, when pasted into your document they may lose their compression making your file larger than needed.
- Please do not forget about copyright laws. According to Wittenberg University policy, all students, faculty, and staff must abide by United State Copyright Laws. Be sure that your use of images and textual content reflect careful attention to permission requirements.
For more information contact: E-mail: WideFormatPrinting@wittenberg.edu, or Linn Bobo email@example.com), Phone: 937-327-7326. To print out these instructions, please follow this link: Printer Friendly Instructions