Spring Semester Start Pack
Welcome Back! Get your tools to start the semester strong! We hope your break was restful and safe, and you are recharged for spring semester. Follow this overview to get you plugged in with some reminders, resources, and processes heading into the new year.
1) COVID-19 Overview
Refresh yourself with COVID-19 expectations by visiting the following sites:
- New Quarantine Guidelines
- Community Pledge
- Housing and Dining Protocols
- Visitor Policy
- Testing Event: All students (residential and commuter) must register for a time to be tested on 1/16 or 1/17 or submit exemption documentation.
As a reminder, our ability to continue with in-person classes this semester is dependent on all students and members of our community upholding our expectations related to COVID-19 to prevent and slow the spread of the virus. Please be diligent and wear your face covering, maintain appropriate distance from others, wash your hands frequently, and follow the University's visitation policy. We’re In This Together!
2) New Mental Wellbeing Resources
Headspace is a platform for mindful living with 1,000+ hours of guided mindfulness exercises, videos, and more to help you get healthier and happier. Enroll in Wittenberg's new student Headspace program for free here.
Talkspace is an online therapy service that connects users to a dedicated, licensed therapist via private messaging and live video from a secure, HIPAA-compliant digital platform. Click here to enroll for free.
See all campus health resources here.
3) Success Resources
Build your academic or personal support plan or start planning for the new semester. Now is the time to goal set for Spring 2021. COMPASS can help. Set up a meeting with COMPASS today.
Stay connected with COMPASS resources and helpful information by following @WittCOMPASS on Twitter and Instagram. Find your flow for Spring semester! Download a time management sheet to start building your routine for spring.
4) Search for Jobs & Internships
Check out the OFIC's Job Fair, Feb. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: All Ohio small, private institutions come together to host a VIRTUAL job fair on Handshake to meet top employers who want to hire Wittenberg students and other students from small, independent colleges. REGISTER HERE.
5) Connect with Career Services
Schedule a meeting today and save the date for the following events:
- Resume Workshop: Feb. 3, 4 p.m.
- Cover Letter Workshop: Feb. 4, 4 p.m.
- Mock Interviews: Feb. 19
- Graduate School to Career Workshop: Feb. 18, 12 p.m.
Follow @WittCOMPASS on Instagram to stay up-to-date. Also, review our IGTV library for career services topics on resumes, networking, translating experience to employer, and more!
Also explore posted jobs (student employment and post-graduation) on Handshake - get your account now! Access on-campus student employment positions, and search for a spring semester internship via the Job Board, too.
6) Explore Major and Career Options
Stressed about choosing a career? Wondering if the major you chose is right for you? Sick of people asking what you want to do with your life? Check out PathwayU, which will now be available for FREE to all Wittenberg students starting January 19.
A game-changing software, PathwayU matches your skills and interests with an academic major you will love. When you set up your account, PathwayU takes you through a series of questions about things you like to do, what you like to learn about, and what your ideal scenarios are for work. The software's next-generation analytics system then ranks majors based on the ones it thinks you would enjoy most and connects these majors to careers. PathwayU also integrates this data with Handshake to view businesses that offer related jobs.
Visit wittenberg.pathwayu.com to get started on Tuesday! Then, set up a meeting to discuss your results or be on the lookout for workshops later this semester. Contact Drew Sawyer, associate director of student success, with questions.
7) Get Involved
- Join a Fraternity or Sorority! Participating in Greek Recruitment is a great way to meet new people, expand your network, and decide if joining is right for you! REGISTER HERE. Follow @wittgreeklife to stay in the loop with recruitment information and events.
- Join a student organization! Save the date for the Spring Involvement Fair on 2/3/21 or complete a Get Involved Form to be connected via email with a student organization.
- Follow @Witts_Happening on Instagram and Twitter to stay in the loop with dozens of campus events coming up.
- Participate in your residential community! Whether through programs, your Residential Housing Association (RHA), or by joining the ResLife staff, you have multiple opportunities to shape your experience. Keep an eye out for RA application information and upcoming Housing Selection for next academic year.
- Engage in Martin Luther King Jr. Week: Sponsored by Concerned Black Students and the Faculty Diversity Advisory Committee: Events Tuesday and Thursday! LEARN MORE.
Key Dates to Remember for Spring 2021
- Start of the spring semester: January 19
- Mid-term grades reported: March 17
- Academic Advising weeks: March 22-April 2
- Registration period begins: March 29
- Good Friday-no class: April 2
- Renewal Days: February 25; March 10; April 27
- Finals week: May 7-12
- Campus housing closes: May 13
- Commencement: May 15
- Graduating senior move out: May 16
- Final grades due: May 17
How To Report Concerns
If you have a concern about a member of our community not fulfilling our community expectations, please complete the Wittenberg University: COVID-19 Report a Concern Form. A member of the COVID Response Team will follow-up as appropriate. If you have a concern about exposure to COVID-19 (yours or someone else’s), please use the same form above. For general questions about COVID-19 and Wittenberg University’s response, please email email@example.com.