- Wittenberg University, along with the members of the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC), have worked diligently over the past two months to devise a safe and responsible return to campus and more specifically a return to sport plan for the 2020 fall athletic season.
- The first of a series of communications to students and their parents outlining current plans and expectations in preparation for this start of classes was distributed July 3 via email.
- Wittenberg has purchased face coverings for all students, faculty, and staff. Human Resources has informed the campus of the arrival of the face coverings, and pick-up instructions have been shared with area vice presidents. Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Vice President for Finance & Administration Rob Young requested that all needs related to PPE and cleaning supplies be routed through Purchasing Manager Karen Lotz by June 19. Cleaning supplies will be provided to classrooms, meetings spaces, and individual offices, so no employee should use University-sponsored funds to purchase these items.
- On June 8, Wittenberg President Mike Frandsen announced fall re-opening plans and shared community expectations as Phase I planning now shifts to Phase II. Read full release here.
- Wittenberg's Office of Admission began its Phase I process of welcoming students and families to campus. All guests must complete the University's Health Questionnaire, take their temperature before arrival, wear a face covering, and wash their hands frequently while on campus.
- A Phased Reopening Plan for the Health, Wellness & Athletics (HWA) Complex during the summer months began with access to the Bates Strength Center on Monday, June 8. The Athletics Department will continue to evaluate the progress and success of Phase 1 throughout June, with the hopes of being able to offer extended services in the fitness center, The Steemer, and pool on Monday, July 6.
- Patrons of the HWA facilities must undergo a symptom check prior to entering, and all patrons and staff members must be prepared to wear face coverings, based on activity, as per Wittenberg’s current policy regarding students, employees, and visitors. Patrons will also be required to provide their own face covering, water bottle and towel for use during their workout. Facility access will be limited to the Bates Strength Center and the two restrooms located in the main lobby. No locker rooms or showering facilities will be available to patrons in Phase 1.
- In addition to the Bates Strength Center, limited access to the stadium and track will also be available in Phase 1 from Monday-Friday by an official request of an individual, small group or team/organization (10 or less individuals). Requests must be submitted to Bret Billhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HSWG and CRT
An 18-member Health and Safety Working Group (HSWG), led by Vice Presidents Casey Gill and Gary Williams, met repeatedly this spring to ensure a smooth transition and examine best practices in health and safety campuswide. The HSWG concluded its Phase I work May 29, 2020 at which time a new COVID Response Team (CRT) began the implementation phase of HSWG recommendations.
To assist with enforcing community expectations, new temporary signage in being posted to help maintain health and safety. Should any department require additional signage, please email email@example.com.