- 4-6-21: Click here to read a message that includes detailed information about an on-campus vaccination clinic from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Thursday, April 8, in the Health, Wellness & Athletics (HWA) Complex.
- VACCINE UPDATE (3-22-21): Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced an earlier-than-expected expansion to vaccine eligibility. Ohio's 1,300 vaccine providers are now permitted to distribute doses of the vaccines to individuals 16 and older if a county's supply allow it.
- 3-17-21: Click here to read a message from the COVID-19 Response Team with information about scheduling COVID-19 vaccinations.
- 3-15-21: Click here to read a message from Wittenberg's Office of Human Resources with information about vaccine availability and processes for voluntarily notifying the university.
- 3-3-21: Click here to read a message from the COVID-19 Response Team with information about a local vaccination opportunity.
- 2-2-21: Click here to read a message from the COVID-19 Response Team with updates to campus policies and guidelines and changes to the statewide curfew.
- 1-13-21: Click here to read a message from the COVID-19 Response Team with Spring Semester Updates and Expectations.
- 1-8-21: Click here to read a message from the COVID-19 Response Team with updates related to vaccinations.
- 1-8-21: Click here to read a message from the COVID-19 Response Team with information about testing on campus prior to the start of the spring semester.
- 1-4-21: Click here to read a message from the COVID-19 Response Team with information about New Quarantine Expectations and Guidelines
Sent to students weekly, these Office of Student Development-sponsored communications provide key information and updates to students.
- Student Digest: March 18, 2021
- Student Digest: March 5, 2021
- Student Digest: February 26, 2021
- Student Digest: February 19, 2021
- Student Digest: February 12, 2021
- Student Digest: February 5, 2021
- Student Digest: January 27, 2021
- Student Digest: January 14, 2021
Wittenberg University, along with the members of the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC), have worked diligently to devise a safe and responsible return to campus and more specifically a return to sport plan during the 2020-21 school year.
- Wittenberg Announces Return To Competition Plan (10-16-20): Read More
- Intercollegiate Competition Suspended (7-20-20): Read More
- Wittenberg Athletics COVID-19 Resocialization Plan (7-9-20): Read More
On Feb. 12, Wittenberg University's Department of Athletics began providing limited spectator access at home games for indoor sports in Pam Evans Smith Arena and the 1929 Fieldhouse, a policy that was later extended to outdoor sports as well. Each player/coach will be provided the opportunity to identify two guests to attend home contests. Faculty and staff members will have the ability to pre-register both themselves and ONE member of their household to attend the game. Each student needs to submit their own name in the system. Read More
- All Spectators must be pre-registered for the event they are attending.
- NO WALK-UPS WILL BE PERMITTED
- Spectators must conduct daily symptom assessments.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- Family members must sit together, socially distanced from other individuals/family groups.
- Six-feet social distancing must be maintained between individuals/family groups
- No congregating before or after practices or games is permitted.
- Spectators must wear face coverings at all times.
Since mid-March, Wittenberg has actively kept its community informed about actions taken to sustain health and safety at the University. Prior communications, CDC guidance, and decisions made from March-May can be accessed here.
COVID Response Team
An 18-member Health and Safety Working Group (HSWG), met repeatedly from the start of the pandemic to ensure a smooth transition and examine best practices in health and safety campuswide. The HSWG concluded its Phase I work May 29, 2020, at which time a new COVID Response Team (CRT) began the implementation phase of HSWG recommendations. Click here to learn more.
To assist with enforcing community expectations, new temporary signage is being posted to help maintain health and safety. Should any department require additional signage, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.