Department of Education
Believing that active, engaged learning calls the heart and mind to make a difference, Wittenberg’s Department of Education strives to prepare teachers to effect change in the world’s classrooms.
Learning can happen anywhere, and the department challenges future educators to think outside the box and to embrace the university’s Lutheran heritage, which fosters compassion and character. The nurturing, personalized environment found inside Wittenberg’s education department also helps prepare graduates to advocate for their students and work collaboratively so that the conditions of their school, community and society are better places to live, learn, and work.
Program Mission Statement: Wittenberg’s Teacher Education Program strives to integrate the ideals of moral responsibility, social consciousness, and vocational commitment into the lives of teachers in such a way that their character, competence, and community involvement establish them as leaders for constructive social change.
The teacher education program at Wittenberg University is designed to permit candidates to meet the licensure requirements for teaching in the State of Ohio. Our program is both State-approved and NCATE-accredited.
- Wittenberg’s Education Preparation Performance report ratings from the State of Ohio: Ratings
- Graduates from our program have earned teaching positions across the country, including Winterville, NC, Pompano Beach and Orlando, FL, South Bend, IN, Knoxville, TN, and Columbus, Ohio.
Education News & Events
- The Blair Bulletin - Spring 2017 Issue
- Elyse Cook Comes Home To Serve Low-Income Students
- Seidenstricker Defers Career To Play Volleyball In Germany
- Wittenberg University Professor Recognized With 2014 AILACTE Scholar Award
- Wittenberg Department of Education Graduate Program Introduces Teacher-Leader Cohort