Commencement 2016 - Saturday, May 14
- Wittenberg Celebrates Class of 2016 With 166th Commencement Exercises
- Wittenberg University Prepares For 166th Commencement Exercises
- Wittenberg Welcomes Wylecia Wiggs Harris ’82 as 2016 Commencement Keynote Speaker May 14
- Wittenberg University to Recognize Alumni During 2016 Commencement Exercises
The 2016 Commencement Exercises will take place May 14 at 11:30 a.m. in Commencement Hollow.
All guests should be seated by 11 a.m.
For the first time ever, a live online stream of the event will be available. Click here to watch the entire event as it happens!
As Commencement approaches, the Wittenberg University looks forward to welcoming family and friends to our beautiful campus to celebrate with the Class of 2016. In order to allow these guests to gather safely at Commencement Hollow for the Ceremony, we will be closing East and West Campus Drives at 9:30 a.m. on May 14.
- The exit to N. Plum Street (the road behind Koch Hall (Art building) will be reversed so that vehicles cannot exit onto N. Plum St. from west campus drive and instead vehicles will be able to enter from N. Plum St. at 9 a.m. to allow easy access to the Recitation Hall and Carnegie Hall parking lots to accommodate handicap parking for guests only.
- To help alleviate traffic congestion, there will be no west bound traffic on West Ward St. between Woodlawn Ave. and N. Wittenberg Ave. Vehicular traffic will be redirected down Woodlawn Ave. to W. College Ave. Also, N. Wittenberg will be restricted to one-way traffic north from W. College Ave. to W. Ward St.
- Officers will be at these locations to assist you and your family and friends. Officers will also be a various other locations to assist you with your needs. In the event of rain and Commencement is held at the HPER Center, we will not regulate traffic in the areas mentioned above.
*Outdoors if possible. In the event of inclement weather, the program will be held in the Health, Physical Education and Recreation Center. Tickets are required for an indoor ceremony.