Location: Hollenbeck Hall, Room 232
Language tutoring: International peer tutors, coming from a pool of CRLA certified advanced level language students and native speakers, work with students of beginner and intermediate levels. Its format can be either one-on-one or group tutoring, and either by appointment or as a walk-in.
- Questions about the Foreign Language Placement exam? Click Here to learn more.
Cultural resources: Visitors can get access to foreign cultural resources such as software, movies, and games from around the world. The LLC welcomes students and faculty from other disciplines seeking cultural or linguistic resources.
Connection with the department: The LLC assists the faculty members of the World Languages and Cultures Department by integrating new technologies and media of language learning and teaching into the curriculum. Other departments and programs can also make use of its resources and services to embrace cultural learning.
Cultural events: The LLC offers several annual events and activities, celebrating major holidays in certain cultures. These events engage students in performing their language skills and promote intercultural understanding.
Director, Language Learning Center
|Jocelyn Hardman, Ph.D.|
Assistant Professor of Languages
Hollenbeck Hall 223
For current information and upcoming events, please follow our social media accounts.
- International peer tutors, coming from a pool of CRLA certified advanced level language students and native speakers
- More than 600 major foreign films
- Movie synopses
- Large-screen TV
- Bookshelves of language resources and dictionaries
- Large map rack with 5 pull-down maps
- Games in different languages
- Fifteen PCs with headphones-microphone
- Extensive language software