The "official" answer is often the same -- great professors, beautiful campus, dynamic students and personal attention.
Dig a little deeper, though, and the answers reveal the extraordinary power of Wittenberg's life-changing experience. You see, students here are adventurous in many ways, and they want a college that challenges them inside the classroom and outside of it. They want:
- Professors who insist on intellectual rigor and who are willing to grab a cup of coffee whenever time permits.
- Collaborative research opportunities with our faculty, many of whom have earned prestigious Fulbright awards.
- Students who are friendly and full of life, and who engage daily in campus life.
- A winning athletic tradition with 25 intercollegiate teams - in addition to a host of active club teams - where students understand what it means to be a scholar-athlete.
- A campus that ranks among the nation's best for its sheer beauty, and one that inspires fun times as evidenced by its outstanding Frisbee golf course.
- The option to design their own major, which allows them to create their own path to personal success through creative course combinations.
- A first-rate academic advising program that helps to ensure that they graduate in four years.
- A bounty of social change agents, including an inspiring community service program, which the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll annually confirms with its inclusion of Wittenberg on its select list.
- A network of amazing alumni who are global leaders in cancer research, founders of Fortune-500 companies and an international stock exchange, educational innovators, renowned artists and entertainers, entrepreneuers, humanitarians and high-level politicians.
- An education founded in the Lutheran tradition, which is welcoming to all religions and cultures and instills compassion in students' hearts.
- A well-rounded experience that not only prepares them to make a living, but also a life.
These are the reasons why close to 2,000 students want to be at Wittenberg, making the campus a close-knit family, but also a community with international reach thanks to Wittenberg's unique study-abroad options, diverse student population and tireless commitment to graduating engaged citizens of the world.