Whatever your reason for transferring to a new university, we welcome the opportunity to help you discover what Wittenberg can offer you. Our professors encourage, nurture and guide, while stretching students' minds in ways unimagined.
Wittenberg has inspired generations of students to lead in their communities and around the world. We believe that every student should not only be able to make a successful living, but also a meaningful life.
Thinking of transferring to Witt? Wittenberg welcomes applications from transfer students for both the fall and spring semesters. The transfer application process is designed to help us become acquainted with you. Each applicant is considered on the basis of individual qualifications both academic and non-academic.
- Wittenberg welcomes in any semester a student who transfers from another college or university.
- The applicant must present a cumulative grade-point average no less than 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and must be in good academic and social standing.
- There is a 94-credit-hour limit to courses/hours transferable; 50 percent of the semester-hour credits for all coursework in the major must be completed while in residence at Wittenberg.
- Secondary transcripts and aptitude test scores are not normally required if a student has finished a year or more of college work.
- Unusual mitigating circumstances related to a student's academic or social standing can be taken into consideration by the Admission Committee. Information relating to such matters must be presented in writing.
There are specific guidelines for transferring credits that give you an idea of what you would get credit for upon admission to Wittenberg University. If you are coming from a community college, we have transfer equivalency guides for a number of community colleges in the region.
Students who have completed the Ohio Transfer Module and have been awarded an A.A. or A.S degree can apply their coursework toward the graduation requirements at Wittenberg University.
- The entire 60 semester hours of the A.A. or A.S. degree will count toward Wittenberg's graduation requirements (up to 94 semester hours can be transferred).
- Courses with a grade of C- or below will not be transferred.
- Students will be considered to have met the requirements of the General Education program at Wittenberg.
- Students who have completed less than the equivalent of one year of foreign language at their home institution will be required to complete the Wittenberg General Education Language requirement.
- Students will be required to complete the Community Service requirement and four writing-intensive courses at Wittenberg to fulfill graduation requirements.
For all accepted transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa, Wittenberg offers a half-tuition scholarship that is renewable if the student maintains a 3.2 GPA at Wittenberg. Other Wittenberg scholarships are available based on academic performance. Applicants are automatically considered for scholarships; no separate application is required. All traditional transfers automatically receive the Book Award of $1,000 ($500 per semester).
Annually, Wittenberg grants more than $35 million in the form of academic scholarships and grants. More than 98% of Wittenberg students receive financial aid or a scholarship. Need-based financial aid includes grants, loans and work-study.
To discover if Wittenberg is right for you, we encourage you to visit our campus, ranked as one of the most beautiful in the United States. During your time with us, we want you to meet the people behind the place that make Wittenberg special, and to explore your academic and career interests.
For transfer students, a typical visit includes an interview with our transfer coordinator and a campus tour. We would be happy to arrange class visits and appointments with professors and coaches if you would like. You can schedule a visit online or contact us at (877) 206-0332 or email@example.com.
Questions about transferring?
Contact Gina Beck, admission counselor for transfer recruitment, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (937) 327-7012 or (937) 327-7046.
If you have any other questions or concerns about your transfer to Wittenberg, please contact our Office of Admission at (877) 206-0332, or e-mail us at email@example.com.