For Students New to Wittenberg
Students who have completed the Ohio Transfer Module [now called "Ohio Transfer 36"] and have completed an A.A. or A.S. degree can apply their coursework toward the graduation requirements at Wittenberg University.
- The entire 60 credits of the A.A. or A.S. degree will count toward Wittenberg's graduation requirements (up to 94 credits can be transferred). Courses with a grade of C- or below will not be transferred.
- Students will be considered to have met the requirements of Learning Outcomes 2-10 of the General Education program at Wittenberg. In addition, students will be required to complete one experiential learning opportunity, a civic engagement experience, and the culminating reflection in support of Learning Outcome 1 to fulfill graduation requirements.
Students may need to take the Wittenberg Math Placement exam to meet some course prerequisites.
Students who have not completed an Ohio Transfer 36 approved Associate's degree may need to complete additional courses to fulfill the Wittenberg General Education requirements.
For both groups of students, before you have been accepted and have deposited, we will work with you to do a preliminary transcript evaluation to determine how your credits transfer.
- Courses with a grade of C- or below will not be transferred.
- Transfer work is not calculated in the Wittenberg GPA.
- All individual course credits will be converted to the Wittenberg semester-hour credit system.
- If there is a direct course equivalency to a course offered at Wittenberg, the entry will show the equivalency with the Wittenberg department and course catalog number, but with the original course title from the other institution
- If there is not a direct course equivalency to a course offered at Wittenberg, the entry will show "DEPT-XXX". This indicates that the credit will be accepted as elective credit, but you will need to supply additional course information to apply these courses to a specific requirement area, either General Education or for a major program.
- At least 50 percent of the semester hour credits for course work in the major are to be completed at Wittenberg.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If all of your credits are not listed, our office has not received your final transcript. You will need to request the final transcript be sent to our office.
As an incoming undeclared transfer student you are assigned an academic adviser. If you plan to declare a major now, here is the form: Declaration of Major / Minor
Transfer Equivalency Information
If you are transferring from another institution, click on the link below to be taken to our Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to see if your courses have already been reviewed for transfer. If the course has not yet been reviewed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the institution name and course number (e.g., Cincinnati State Technical & Community College - PSY 102).
If you'd like to view our archived transfer guides, please click here.
For Currently Enrolled Wittenberg Students
Degree credit for course work taken at any other regionally-accredited institution is acceptable toward the individual's course work in the Wittenberg program. Only course work with a grade of C or better is eligible for transfer upon receipt of an official transcript.
- Transfer credit from semester system institution is evaluated and placed onto the academic record on a 1:1 ratio, e.g., 3 semester hours are evaluated as 3 semester hours on the academic record.
- Transfer credit from quarter system institution is evaluated and converted to semester hours on a .67:1 ratio, e.g., 5 - quarter hours are evaluated as 3.35 semester hours on the academic record.
- To receive credits applied to a major, the student may be asked to present a portfolio of work, syllabi, or other materials to assist with this determination and to establish placement in a major or minor program. At least 50% of the credits required for a major program must be taken in residence.
- In applying transfer credits to general education requirements, 3 semester hours are sufficient to fulfill a 4 semester - hour requirement and in addition two 3 semester hour courses are sufficient to fulfill the two course 8 credit hours requirement.
Grades from transfer credit are not factored into the GPA. Course work taken at another institution does not count under the repeat rule; i.e., the grade earned at the other institution does not replace the grade earned at Wittenberg. A Transfer Credit Form must be filed with the Registrar prior to taking the work.