Information on Community Service 100 - Summer Session 2021
- Students interested in completing CCUE 100 over the summer need permission of the Hagen Center to register for CCUE 100-01 for Term 3. Students can contact the Hagen Center (email@example.com) or come to the Hagen Center starting Monday, March 28, to request permission to be added to the course.
- The add deadline for CCUE 100-01 is Friday, May 20.
- Students registered for the CCUE 100 course must attend a virtual Orientation that will be made available starting on Wednesday, May 18.
- The intent of the requirement is to have students serve within the Springfield/Clark County community, and primarily with one of the non-profit organizations that are in partnership with the Hagen Center’s Community Service program. If a student wants to serve with a non-partner site, then they need to submit a Self-Design proposal for approval. The experience must meet the guidelines for CCUE 100 and allow the student to achieve the desired outcomes of CCUE 100. In reviewing the proposal, consideration will be given to the level and type of engagement the student has already had with this local community and to their residential status.
- The self-design proposal due date is Wednesday, June 8, or prior to starting the service, whichever comes first, and it must be approved before a student can begin their service.
- Students will need to have placements confirmed by Wednesday, June 15, and preferably submitted prior to starting their service.
- Although students register for Term 3, they have until August 28 to complete their service hours.
- Summer registration for CCUE 100-01 carries the presumption that the student will be enrolling in the Fall '22 semester since completion requires attending a mandatory reflection session on Tuesday, August 30 from 5-6 p.m. (room TBD).
- There is no fee to register for CCUE 100 since the course is 0-credit.
- The last day to drop CCUE 100 without a W grade is Friday, June 3, and the last day to drop with a W grade is Friday, July 1.
Questions? Contact the Hagen Center, 723 N. Fountain Ave, 937-327-7523 or firstname.lastname@example.org.