Information on Community Service 100- Summer Session 2021
- Students interested in completing the community service requirement over the summer need permission of the Hagen Center to register for CMSV 100-01 for Term 3. Students can contact the Hagen Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) or come to the Hagen Center starting Monday, March 29.
- Students registered for the CMSV 100 course must attend a virtual Orientation that will be made available on Thursday, May 6 at 5 p.m.
- The intent of the requirement is to have students serve within the Springfield/Clark County community, and primarily with one of the partner sites listed on the Community Service Opportunities List. If a student wants to pursue a service experience that is not on the Opportunities List, then they must fill out a Self-design proposal. When reviewing the proposal, the Director of Community Service will consider if a similar opportunity can be offered in the local community, if the service meets the guidelines for CMSV 100, and if the experience allows the student to achieve the desired outcomes of CMSV 100. The self-design proposal deadline is Friday, June 11 or prior to starting the service, whichever comes first.
- Although students register for Term 3, they have between May 17 and August 29 to complete their service hours.
- Summer registration for CMSV 100-01 carries the presumption that the student will be enrolling in the Fall '21 semester since completion requires attending a mandatory reflection session on Tuesday, August 31, from 5-6 p.m. (room TBD).
- There is no fee to register for CMSV 100 since the course is 0-credit.
- The add deadline for CMSV 100-01 is Wednesday, May 5. The last day to drop without a W grade is Friday, June 4. The last day to drop with a W grade is Friday, July 2.
Questions? Contact Community Service, Hagen Center, 723 N. Fountain Ave, 937-327-7523 or Kristen Collier, Director of Community Service, email@example.com.