Matt Shanor, Class of 2022
Minor: Data Science
Hometown and State: Roswell, New Mexico
Why Wittenberg: “Coming from a hometown many miles away, Witt was a second home to me. Wittenberg allowed me to continue playing the game I love while experiencing new opportunities both in and out of the classroom. Having professors that you get to know on a personal level was something that really stuck out to me. Witt allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and meet many new people, creating friendships that will last a lifetime.”
1. Baseball Glove: Baseball has played a major part in my four years at Witt. This was the reason I first came to Wittenberg and has allowed me to create many lifelong memories and friendships.
2. Delta Tau Delta Pin/Flag: During my time at Witt, I have been a part of Delta Tau Delta. Delt has allowed me to stay active on campus and meet many new people. The fun and brotherhood within the fraternity is something priceless.
3. Calculator: As a math major, this has saved me endless times. This might be the most underrated item a student can have at Witt.
4. Transportation Keys: During my time at Wittenberg, I have worked part-time as a transportation assistant in the Hagen Center. Understanding the importance of community service and the impact it makes on a student's time here at Witt was something special to see throughout each semester.
5. Hometown Picture: The picture of my hometown of Roswell is something that has been a part of my time here at Witt. Knowing I have friends and family back home supporting me was something I never took for granted.
-Information compiled by Cynthia Holbrook, University Communications