Nick Weissman, Class of 2021
Majors: Chemistry and Music
Hometown and State: Kettering, Ohio
Why Wittenberg: “I chose Wittenberg for a number of reasons. My brother was certainly the most important reason though. Tim went to Wittenberg before me and graduated in 2014. I was on campus frequently for his soccer games, siblings' weekend, and other events. The sense of community on the campus was obvious to me even before I was a student. I was looking for a smaller college where I could develop more personal relationships with my professors and fellow students, and Wittenberg was exactly right for that. Wittenberg has provided me a sense of family and community greater than I could have ever hoped for.”
- Bassoon: I am a music major, so my bassoon represents both my love of performing and all the time I've spent in music classes and countless rehearsals.
- Beta Theta Pi Badge: My experience in Greek life has been life changing. I had the privilege to serve as both my fraternity's president and IFC (Interfraternity Council) president. The friends and experiences I have gained through Beta and IFC will last a lifetime.
- OA/RA shirts: Although very different experiences, serving as an orientation assistant and resident advisor were both important to my time at Witt. They both allowed me to give back to the campus community that has given so much to me.
- Frolf Discs: These discs were given to me by my older brother who was a large part of why I came to Wittenberg in the first place. They represent time spent with friends and enjoying the wonderful outdoor campus that the frolf course meanders through.
- MCAT Books: These books represent my future as a medical professional, a future that would not be possible without the quality education and advising I have received in my time at Wittenberg. Not to mention, I spent the entirety of one of my semesters reading these books during every bit of free time I had.