A cherished tradition, the Tiger Tailgate will continue to reinvigorate Homecoming with live entertainment on Saturday, October 1. Like Kelcie Webster '14 tells us in the video above, all alumni and friends are welcome to participate in the festival-style atmosphere throughout the heart of campus without RSVP.
Alumni, families, and friends are encouraged to visit Commencement Hollow to enjoy live music, enjoy libations from Founder's Outpost, and sample favorite dishes from local food trucks.
Enhance your Tiger experience and ensure a prime location by reserving a tailgate pass for you and your group. Your tailgate pass includes early arrival for set up (8:30 a.m.), one 15’ x 15’ tailgate area, and one parking pass.
There are limited tailgate spots available. Groups will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis by the Tiger Tailgate Planning Committee. The group organizer will be emailed the Tiger Tailgate pass, parking pass, and instructions for set up prior to arrival. There is no limit for how many fellow alumni and friends you invite to your tailgate spot(s), but they will need to park elsewhere on campus.
Tiger Tailgate Timeline
Saturday, October 1
- 8:30 a.m. Registered Tailgate groups set up
- 10 a.m. Tailgate begins; East Campus Drive is closed for pedestrian traffic only; Food trucks arrive
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Music performed on Commencement Hollow stage
- 1 p.m. Tiger Football vs. DePauw begins
- 4 p.m. Tailgate closes
Tailgating Rules & Regulations
A few rules every Tiger Tailgater should know:
- Tailgating will take place on East Campus Drive, located adjacent to Hollenbeck Hall. East Campus Drive will be closed to other traffic.
- Parking spots may be occupied starting at 8 a.m. and must be vacated by 4 p.m.
- Tailgaters must have a pass to park in the tailgating area. To receive a parking pass, please complete the registration form linked below.
- Large vehicles, such as RVs and motor coaches, must be approved and spots are very limited. Pop-up tents are encouraged. Rental option is available in the Homecoming Tailgate registration form.
- All Beverages must be in plastic containers, cans or glass bottles are not permitted.
- Leave your parking space as you found it, trash receptacles will be provided.
Tailgating area will be staffed. We look forward to seeing everyone and hope you have a great time!
Need a pop up tent for your tailgate area?
Indicate that you’d like to rent a tent from Grand Rental when you register your group. All pop up tents rented through the Tailgate registration form will be set up and taken down for you.
Need a banner for your tailgate area?
Contact Homecoming Tailgate Committee member, Gene Simone ’77
Register for Tailgate