Taylor Lasits-Brooks, Class of 2021
Hometown and State: Perrysburg, Ohio
Why Wittenberg: “I chose Wittenberg for the amazing professors I was able to meet on my visits during high school. Witt also provided many opportunities outside of class I was interested in. Because of the nature of our university, I have been able to continue dancing, join Greek life, engage in community service often, and hold leadership positions in many different campus organizations.”
- Dance Shoes: As a dancer of 15 years prior to coming to Witt, being able to continue this passion of mine while studying math has helped me to continue to be creative in the ways I know how to best.
- My Calculator: As a math major, I am doing calculations a lot. Freshman year, we maintained a joke that my calculator is my best friend. I’m never found without it!
- My Knitting Supplies: School can get really stressful sometimes, so knitting has really helped me to relieve stress and provides another creative outlet outside of dancing.
- My Greek Letters (both Sigma Kappa and Alpha Phi Omega): Sigma Kappa has influenced me in many positive ways. I have grown as a person due to my sisters, and this bond I have found at Wittenberg will continue for the rest of my life. Alpha Phi Omega has developed my leadership skills and has provided me with many opportunities to engage in worthwhile service that I feel passionate about. Similar to Sigma Kappa, this organization also provided me with meaningful connections to my brothers that will last a lifetime.
- My Crocs: I have many pairs of these, but these provide me some physical comfort. I wear these walking almost everywhere on campus, so many of my experiences here have happened because these shoes have gotten me there.