As individuals, groups, and organizations work to prevent situations that would encourage or engender hazing behaviors, we must all come together and share positive resources that help this cause. Many local and national organizations, as well as campus contacts are identified as positive sources of information and outreach.
- Office of Student Development/Office of Student Conduct*, 937-327-7800
- Student Involvement*, 937-327-7820
- In-Person Team-Building Activities
- Virtual Team-Building Activities
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Staff members are trained in hazing prevention measures, inclusive of those who are specifically trained to work with values-based Greek organizations including Interfraternity Council (IFC) and women's College Panhellenic Council (Panhellenic). Contact Fraternity & Sorority Life at 937-327-7820 to request to speak with someone who may schedule a presentation for a group/organization meeting on the topic of hazing prevention.
- Group/organization adviser
- Recall that as groups and organizations have advisers who are trained to assist in education, prevention, and response, your adviser can be called upon to help interpret appropriate practices for all individual and group/organization behavior.
- Wittenberg Health Center 937-327-7811
*Staff members from Student Development and Student Involvement are trained in hazing prevention measures. Contact either office to request to speak with someone who may schedule a presentation for a group/organization meeting on the topic of hazing prevention.
- Talk One2One 800-756-3124
- a free, confidential, phone counseling service that provides immediate support to students wanting to speak with a counselor right away. Students can call if they are in crisis and speak with a mental health professional who will assess the situation and help connect the student with support as needed. Students do not need to be in crisis to utilize this service. People who are feeling overwhelmed and in need of “in the moment” support can call to talk with a counselor. Please note that Talk One2One does not provide ongoing counseling.
- National Hazing Prevention
- A national organization dedicated to its mission to empower people to prevent hazing in college and university student groups.
- A comprehensive site for current literature and media available to students, as well as updates on state laws that are applicable for individuals and groups.
- Piazza Center
- The Piazza Center for Fraternity and Sorority Research and Reform. The center develops and manages a national scorecard on fraternities and sororities, facilitates national conversations on hazing prevention while also collecting, researching, and distributing best practices for hazing prevention.
- Limberlost Consulting
- This external consulting firm works with campuses, chapters, groups, corporations, and boards providing strategic planning, consulting, and presentation advising, for many topical areas in higher education, inclusive of current practices in hazing prevention.