This approach protects the campus community by providing a system of sanctions that are educational and hold students accountable for violating University policies.
Integrity | Responsibility | Respect
Wittenberg University's community obligates each member to a code of civilized and ethical behavior. The Wittenberg University student conduct system supports the goals of the University by providing and maintaining behavioral standards and expectations for students that promote:
- safety and security
- personal dignity
- self-regulation of behavior
- respect for the rights of others
Thus, students create an environment essential to the healthy development of the individual and community while enhancing student engagement, satisfaction and success.
- Collaborating with students, faculty, and other key members of the university community to improve awareness of value-based behaviors;
- Engaging students in discussions about their behavior in light of the requisites of community living and the academic mission of the university;
- Providing learning experiences for students who participate in the implementation of the conduct process; and
- Enforcing university policies and procedures fairly and consistently.