Tiger Counseling Services provides a variety of therapeutic activities within individual and group counseling sessions while encouraging growth through independent practices outside the counseling room.
Below are available resources individuals can utilize to amplify their skills for personal growth.
Apps to download:
The following are apps you can download to your phone or other smart device for free or at a low cost!
Books to read:
Independent reading can be a helpful contribution to the counseling process. The following are books recommended by our counselors to assist in personal development and growth.
- Barnes, A (2018) How to be Mindful. London: Circus Books
- Barnes, A (2018) How to be Calm. London: Circus Books
- Carson, R.D. (2003) Taming your Gremlin. New York: HarperCollins Publishers
- Cooper, H.C. (2014) Thriving with Social Anxiety. New York: Fall River Press
- Hanh, T.N. (2014) No Mud, No Lotus: The art of transforming suffering. Berkley: Parralax Press
- Harris, R (2008) The Happiness Trap: How to stop struggling and start living. Boulder: Trumpeter Books.
- Kabat-Zinn, J (2005) Wherever You Go, There You Are. New York: MJF Books
- Sincero, J (2013) You are a Badass: How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life. Philadelphia: Running Press
- Watt, T (2012). Mindfulness: A practical guide. New York: MJF Books
- Williams-Brown, K (2018) Adulting: How to become a grown-up in 535 easy(ish) steps. New York: Grand Central Publishing.
Workbooks to borrow:
Our counselors have a variety of workbooks available to use during or outside of the counseling session. Chapters of the following are available by request
- MacCuthcheon, M (2018) The Self-Esteem Workbook for Women. Emeryville: Althena Press.
- Cantalano, J (2018) Anger Management Workbook for Women. Emeryville: Althena Press.
- Harris, R (2009) ACT Made Simple. Oakland: New Harbinger Publications, Inc.
- Schiraldi, G.R. (2016) The Self-Esteem Workbook. Oakland: Raincoast Books.
- Hayes, S.C; Smith, S (2005) Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life: The new Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Oakland: Raincoast Books