The Wittenberg University Health Center is staffed by Laura Willis, DNP, APRN, CNP, and overseen by Mercy Health Partners. Services are provided on a strictly confidential basis; no information is given to anyone without signing a release of information.
Wittenberg Health Center Location/Contact Information
Location: Room 003, Joseph C. Shouvlin Center for Higher Learning (Basement)
Telephone Number: (937) 327-7811
Fax Number: (937) 327-5011
Email: email@example.com (Please do not use email to make appointments - it is not always checked daily. Please call the telephone number.)
- Monday thru Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (lunch 12-1 p.m.)
- Nurse practitioner appointments
- Care of acute/and chronic illness/injury
- Medication re-fills and follow-up appointments as needed
- Clinical lab testing
- Reproductive services including examination, lab tests, treatment, and education
- Self-care products
- Health Education
- Free health & wellness pamphlets
- A fee is charged for students to be evaluated and/or treated by the nurse practitioners.
- There are fees for prescription medications, lab work and some medical treatments.
- Private health insurance plans are direct billed.
- Co-pay is due at the time of service.
- Students need to bring photo ID and insurance card to the visit.
- If a student does not have insurance, a $45 visit fee is due at the time of service.
If the student is covered by a private insurance plan that dictates the use of a specific laboratory or pharmacy, be sure that the student is aware of this fact.
Director of Student Health
- Laura Willis, DNP, APRN, CNP
Wittenberg Health Center Staff
- Tammy Scheerschmidt, Practice Manager
- Matthew West, Director
- Brooke Snow, Assistant Director
- Tiger Counseling Services also employs graduate students as Counselors-in-Training. Complete list of counselors currently employed by Wittenberg available via the link below.
Students have access to the high quality health care services at Wittenberg. Laura Willis, as well as members Wittenberg's faculty and staff, is familiar with college-level student care. She provides day-to-day oversight on campus for diagnosis, treatment and prescription services, common illnesses, and injuries.
Hours are subject to change.
We take walk-ins and scheduled appointments. There will be paperwork to complete if you have never been seen by Mercy Health. Please be sure to bring your photo id, insurance card (date of birth of person who insurance is through) and co-pay. If you have no insurance, there will be a flat fee of $45 due at time of service.
- Students are referred to Mercy Health Walk-In Care whenever the Wittenberg Health Center is closed, for sick visits. Students must provide a Government issued ID.
Mercy Health Walk-In Care
30 W. McCreight Ave., Suite 110 (located in the Mercycrest building)
Springfield, OH 45504
- Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday