Tiger Counseling Center provides individual, couples, and group counseling, as well as crisis services, consultation and referral. Counseling services are offered to currently enrolled Wittenberg students and are provided at no charge. Services are confidential, except in certain cases where there may be risk of harm to self or others.
Counseling services are provided for a variety of concerns including depression, anxiety, relationship problems, adjustment issues, grief over the loss of a loved one, eating disorders, sexual assault, and alcohol and other drug abuse problems.
Tiger Counseling Center Staff
How to Schedule an Appointment:
Tiger Counseling Center is excited to announce the launch of our Online Scheduling Platform! Students can now request individual therapy appointments with an available counselor by clicking HERE! After selecting the appropriate option from the menu, students will be directed to complete relevant paperwork and select from a variety of appointment openings with different counselors.
- Students who wish to schedule their first ever appointment will select the “New Client Consultation”
- Students who are existing clients and wish to schedule an appointment with their established provider will select “Existing Client – Individual Appointment”
- Students who have discontinued services in the past and wishing to reinstate appointments with an available counselor will select “Past/Returning Client Appointment”
- 210 Shouvlin Center
After Hours Crisis Care:
- At this time our office does not provide after hours crisis care. Students may call our community mental health center, Mental Health Services of Clark County at 399-9500 if a crisis occurs after hours or utilize one of our other 24 hour resources listen below.
- Available 24/7 including breaks and summer.
- Talk One-2-One provides easy access to qualified counselors who are skilled in helping students manage simple and complex issues, including: stress and anxiety, depression, personal relationships (roommate, peers, dating), family problems (including divorce, illness, sibling concerns), financial worries/concerns, alcohol abuse/binge drinking, substance abuse, homesickness, eating disorders, self-injury, and work/academic/life balance.
Crisis Text Line:
- Any person may need help in coping with a stressful situation. Reach out by text to communicate with someone trained to listen and respond in a method that is private, secure and confidential.
Text "4hope" to 741741 for help
Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- No matter what problems you are dealing with, we want to help you find a reason to keep living. By calling 1-800-273-TALK (8255) you'll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.
Medical Transportation Rides
Students may request transportation to off-campus medical appointments by contacting the motor pool office at 937-327-7446 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A scheduling form must be completed and turned into motor pool at least one business day prior to the scheduled medical appointment. You may obtain the form here, or by stopping by the motor pool office. The destination must be within the Springfield City limits. Rides will be provided by students employed by the motor pool office and will be offered Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. only. Transports to off-campus medical appointments are for scheduled appointments only and will not be utilized for sick or injured students. If you are sick or not feeling well, you can be seen by the staff in the Health & Counseling Center. If you have a medical emergency, you will need to call the campus emergency line at 327-6363 or dial 911.
Statement of Diversity and Inclusion
At the Tiger Counseling Center, we believe in the importance of creating safe and supportive spaces for all individuals no matter their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, abilities, size, socioeconomic status, language or culture. In this office, we believe Black lives matter, women's rights are human rights, no human is illegal, love is love, and kindness is everything.