We have tutors specializing in not only Mathematics, but also Physics, Chemistry, Education, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, and Accounting. Just check the schedule and stop in - this resource is free for Wittenberg students! No appointment is necessary! We also have solutions manuals to check your work in various courses such as Pre-Calculus, Essentials of Calculus, Calc 1, Calc 2, Calc 3, as well as other courses if permitted by the instructor.
The Math Workshop
370 BDK Science Center
Math Workshop Director: Obed Lewis, Jr. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Managers: Patrick Kenny & Taylor Yontz
Advertising Coordinator: M.C. Lynch
Spring '20 Hours:
- Monday, 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
** NOTE: We will close at 5 p.m. during the first week of classes.
The mission of the Wittenberg University Math Workshop is to provide support for students in mastering the mathematical tools and concepts necessary for them to attain the general education learning goal for mathematics as well as the mathematical requirements of their individual educational programs. The workshop strives to teach students to value math, to become confident in their ability to do math, to become mathematical problem solvers, and to learn to communicate and reason mathematically.
The workshop carries out its mission through the following activities:
- Educating students and academic advisers about the university's two general- education mathematical requirements and the course of study that an individual student must complete to satisfy the mathematics learning goals.
- Providing both individual and group instruction to prepare students with deficient mathematics backgrounds to take quantitative (Q) and mathematical reasoning intensive (M) courses, keeping records of student progress, and granting official certification that the student has met the placement level prerequisite for their M and Q courses.
- Providing tutorial assistance to students in mathematics or statistics courses and other courses with mathematical content.