CCP Frequently Asked Questions

What benefits do I get from taking CCP classes?

College Credit Plus provides more options for students to pursue rigorous academic coursework beyond the high school classroom. Under College Credit Plus, you can complete your freshman year of college or more or explore college content that interests you. Earning college credits while you’re in high school can reduce the time and cost of attending college after high school, or allow for lighter college semester loads—helpful if you plan to participate in college athletics or study abroad.

I have taken CCP classes at Clark State Community College. Can I transfer those classes to Wittenberg?

Yes! In order to transfer completed coursework from another college or university, you will need to request an official transcript be sent to Wittenberg University for evaluation. Classes must be completed with a “C” or higher in order to count for transfer credit.

How might CCP classes taken at Clark State Community College help me at Wittenberg?

Coursework completed at another college or university can sometimes fulfill prerequisites needed at Wittenberg. For example, if you successfully completed English 101 at another institution, you can transfer this course to Wittenberg and it will fulfill the prerequisite for any Wittenberg course requiring the previous completion of English 101.

Do I have to complete Wittenberg placement exams if I have already taken the COMPASS placement exam at Clark State Community College?

Yes. If you are interested in taking a Math, Science, or Foreign Language course at Wittenberg, you must complete the Wittenberg placement exam(s). Note: In some cases, we can accept your SAT/ACT math score in place of the math placement exam. For more information, visit the Math Workshop website.

Do I have to take a standardize test in order to be eligible to participate in the CCP program?

Yes. According to House Bill 49, all students applying to participate in the CCP program must complete a standardize test and submit his or her scores to the schools they wish to attend.

If I go to a public high school, how can I know how many credits I am eligible to take thru the CCP program?

In order to determine the number of credit hours a student can take in a year, the secondary school must calculate the number of course credits that are for high school credit only and multiply that by 3. That number is then subtracted from the 30 hours. The result is the maximum number of credit hours a student can take in the College Credit Plus program. (This is based on a semester system.)

  • 30 – (high school only credits x 3) = Maximum number of College Credit Plus credit hours

This calculation must be completed each year for a student as the high school credits may change. Also, students may only take a maximum of 120 credit hours in the program. If students would like to take more than the maximum number of credit hours, the student can arrange to register and pay for those additional credit hours as a “self-pay” student. Those hours would be outside of the College Credit Plus program.

What happens if I take more than the number of credit hours approved by the state?

High school students may choose to enroll in more credits than approved by the state. In these cases, students will be billed directly by Wittenberg University the CCP rate of $166 per credit.

If you have additional questions about Ohio’s College Credit Plus opportunities, please visit the Ohio Department of Education’s website.

If you have additional questions about College Credit Plus at Wittenberg, please contact the Office of Admission at

Back to top