Wittenberg is a proud participant in the State of Ohio's College Credit Plus (CCP) program, which allows qualified high school students to take college-level courses on campus.
Wittenberg's CCP program is designed to make college courses accessible to high school students throughout the state. By taking CCP classes at Wittenberg, you will have the opportunity to learn alongside fellow undergraduate students and engage with top faculty in a variety of fields.
Admission Requirements for Wittenberg's CCP Program:
The College Credit Plus Program at Wittenberg University is open to high school students (grades 9-12). To participate in the CCP program at Wittenberg, the applicant must demonstrate readiness to take college level courses by exemplifying a combination of good student conduct, satisfactory grades in college preparatory courses, and minimum standardized test scores as determined by the State of Ohio.
Steps to Apply for College Credit Plus:
- Submit your College Credit Plus Application
- Submit your required application materials:
- High School Transcript
An official high school transcript must be submitted to Wittenberg. Students must have a recommended high school GPA of 3.0 or higher. The school counselor will submit this document through Slate.org. Note: Wittenberg classes in mathematics, science, and foreign language will require completion of an online placement test before students can register for those courses.
- Standardized Test Scores – ACT, SAT or ACCUPLACER
If your GPA does not meet the 3.0 requirement, test scores will be required. Standardized test scores must be at or above the Assessment Threshold Score in at least one subtest of an approved assessment exam. Wittenberg accepts the ACT, SAT, and ACCUPLACER.
- Wittenberg can accept an official test score report, or official scores listed on your high school transcript.
- If you do not have standardized test scores, Clark State provides placement testing services for students planning to enroll in the Wittenberg College Credit Plus program. To schedule your Accuplacer Placement Assessment, please obtain your Accuplacer Testing Voucher by submitting a voucher request through your application portal.
- High School Transcript
Students are also required to submit the following documents, required by the Ohio Department of Education, before enrolling in College Credit Plus courses:
- College Credit Plus Permission Slip
This document must be completed, signed by a parent or guardian, and returned to Wittenberg University at email@example.com.
- Student Questionnaire
This document must be completed by the student and returned to Wittenberg University at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps for School Counselors
- Set up a school counselor Slate.org account
- Once you have an account set up, you will be able to view and click on applicants from your high school, and see the required documents for each student.
- We will request that you submit a high school transcript for each Wittenberg CCP applicant from your school.
You are also welcome to submit the high school transcript to Wittenberg University through any other electronic transcript processing systems that your school may use.
For public school students and private/homeschooled students approved by the state, tuition and book fees for CCP are paid by the state. For private/homeschooled students not covered by state funding, Wittenberg charges $166 per CCP credit. Wittenberg will not charge additional tuition or fees.
- Contact email@example.com or 937-327-6372 with questions.