Education at Wittenberg—Experience for the world
Theatre and dance invigorate every corner of Wittenberg’s campus, from contact improvisation exploding across the stage to experimental pieces in alternative spaces, from major Broadway musicals and ballet to student-written plays and hip-hop dance. Wittenberg’s diverse course offerings grant student artists and scholars robust classroom and laboratory environments.
Abundant opportunity guided by rigorous training
Practical opportunity is at the heart of Wittenberg’s program. Wittenberg Theatre and Dance students have the opportunity to perform, direct, choreograph, write, and design in both large-scale and studio theatre productions and dance concerts. Wittenberg Theatre and Dance also offers many work-study positions to grant experience in your field.
Theatre and Dance in the News:
- Peking Opera Visit: Wittenberg Welcomes Acclaimed Opera Company for Campus Performance (published February 28, 2018)
- Following Your Passion: Kate Kingsley Lund ’94 Helps Children Be Resilient (published September 21, 2017)
- Beating the Odds – Not Another Statistic: Wittenberg’s Patton ’09 Is Combining Her Passions at the College of William and Mary (published August 22, 2017)
- David Herzog '06: Finding Success on Screen and Off (published July 12, 2017)
- Summer Theatre Internship: Wittenberg's Theatre Program Prepared Sarah Van Deusen '16 Well for Internship Opportunity (published August 6, 2015)