DOWNLOAD: Card Holder Agreement and User's Guide
- How do I get a Wittenberg University purchasing card?
- When are transactions to be reviewed?
- What happens if I miss a deadline for approving transactions?
- Why has my Intellilink account been locked, and how do I get it unlocked?
- I forgot my password for Intellilink. Is there a way to retrieve it?
- Why have my approvals and edits in Intellilink disappeared? I know I did them!
- My transaction was denied, how embarrassing! Why? What can I do?
- I have to make travel arrangements, but the spending limits on my card are too low. What do I do?
- My card has been lost or stolen! HELP!!!
- Can someone else make a purchase for my using my card?
- I reviewed my transaction report on Intellilink and found a transaction that I do not recognize or understand. What do I do?
- There is an error on my Transaction Report. How can I get it corrected?
- How long do I have to keep my statements?
How do I get a Wittenberg University purchasing card?
- To obtain a card, call Karen Lotz at (937) 327-6307 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a purchasing card. A Cardholder Agreement form will be sent to you by email. When the form has been completed, return the copy to Karen Lotz.
- It usually takes 7-10 business days for the Business Office to receive the card from the contracted card provider, PNC Bank.
- When the card arrives, Karen Lotz will contact you to schedule a training session. During this training, the terms of the cardholder agreement will be explained and you will have an opportunity to ask questions.
When are transactions to be reviewed?
- You can view and approve your transactions as often as you like. At minimum, you must review and approve your transactions monthly. A good rule-of-thumb is to schedule time every month between the 1st and 4th to approve transactions from the prior month. You will receive a monthly email reminder stating the required completion date.
What happens if I miss a deadline for approving transactions?
- Whether or not you review your transactions, they will be charged to the automatically assigned account number identified on the report. Frequent failures to approve your transactions may result in loss of card privileges. In addition, it is much more difficult for you to correct errors after the transactions have been charged to your account.
- If you did not review your transactions and there were account number errors on your transaction report, you will have to send an e-mail to Kathy Johnson at email@example.com identifying the dollar values and account numbers that need to be changed.
- If you did not review your transactions and there were erroneous transactions on that report, your budget will be assigned the cost of the mistaken transactions until you have made the necessary corrections with the vendor and the corrections have worked their way through the banking system.
Why has my Intellilink account been locked, and how do I get it unlocked?
- As a security measure, Intellilink will lock your account if there have been 3 unsuccessful attempts to log in. Call Karen Lotz at (937) 327-6307 to have it unlocked.
- Call Karen Lotz at (937) 327-6307 to have your password re-set.
Why have my approvals and edits in Intellilink disappeared? I know I did them!
- For security reasons, there is a 30-minute time limit. If, after 30 minutes on screen, you haven't changed screens, you will be automatically logged out and any changes you made will not be saved. If you know you will be on your transaction screen longer then 30 minutes, click on the "Save" button once in a while to save your work. Also, for those of you managing more than one card, you may want to view and save them separately, thus ensuring that your time limit does not expire.
- I tried to make a purchase with my Purchasing Card and my transaction was denied. Why? What do I do?
- There are several reasons for which you might be denied a purchase with your card. Most often, it is because the vendor has an electronics problem in which the transaction cannot get to the bank. Other reasons include:
- You are over your monthly limit (generally $5,000/month).
- You are trying to purchase something over your transaction limit ($750).
- The shipping address you have given is not identical to the address on your statement. This happens frequently when making an online purchase.
- If your transaction is denied, call the number on the card (800) 685-4039. You will be asked for your access code, which is the two-digit month and two-digit day or your birthday.
I have to make travel arrangements with my purchasing card, but the spending limits on my card are too low. What do I do?
- Go ahead and make your travel arrangements with the card. TRAVEL TRANSACTIONS ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE LIMITS ON YOUR CARD. Also, the amounts that you spend for travel expenses are not added to your monthly spending limit.
- Remember though, when making reservations it must be a direct expense with a hotel and/or airline. Travel agencies are not coded as travel related.
My card is lost or has been stolen! HELP!!!
- Immediately contact Customer Service at 1-800-685-4039. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be asked for the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number which we replaced with the month and date of your birth.
Can someone else make a purchase for me using my card?
- Someone else can make a purchase using your card; however, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL PURCHASES MADE WITH YOUR CARD. If misuse or fraudulent use of the card occurs, it is your responsibility. The person that you allowed to use your card is not responsible.
I reviewed my Transaction Report and have found a transaction that I do not understand or remember making. What do I do?
- Contact the vendor and give them as much information about the listed transaction as possible. For example, reference number, transaction date, dollar amount, etc. This should be enough for the vendor to give you a list of the item(s) purchased as well as the name of the purchaser.
There is an error on my Transaction Report. How can I get it corrected?
- The first step is to contact the vendor. Give the vendor the reference number, transaction date, and dollar amount of the purchase. Explain the error and ask the vendor to credit your account. Generally, the vendor can find the error and correct it. If this approach does not resolve the matter, contact Karen Lotz at firstname.lastname@example.org and a dispute form will be emailed to you.
How long do I need to keep my statements?
- Statements are to be retained for 18 months. In January of the current fiscal year, you may discard statements from the previous fiscal year. Be sure you tear or shred any paperwork that discloses your full credit card number.