Toward that end, please consider the following etiquette tips from HubSpot, as well as see a sample of a proper email communication. Email headers that clearly show the sending office or division name may be obtained from University Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Etiquette Tips
- Keep your tone professional.
- Avoid vague subject lines.
- Use proper email punctuation.
- Practice good grammar.
- Resist emojis in email.
- Keep subject lines descriptive and short.
- Choose your email salutation carefully.
- Leave the right impression with your email sign-off.
- Triple-check your recipient's name.
- Use sentence case.
- Consider your email's tone.
- Always use standard fonts and formatting.
- Shorten your URLs.