The Wittenberg Institute for Public Humanities and Sciences is located at the Dietrich House on Alumni Way at Wittenberg University.
Wittenberg Institute for Public Humanities and Sciences
Springfield, OH 45501
WIPHS Advisory Board
- Lori Askeland (English)
- Julius Bailey (Philosophy)
- Elena Dahl (Art)
- Justin Housenecht (Chemistry)
- Travis Proctor (Religion)
- Cynthia Richards (Faculty Development Board & English)
- Brooke Wagner (Sociology)
- Adam Brown, CEO of ClinArk, Class of 2014
- Lacey Davidson, public philosopher and faculty member at Cal Lutheran, Class of 2012
- Daniel Jacob, Deacon and Ministry Associate of Wittenberg University, Class of 2010
- Alan Stewart, physician and member of the Wittenberg Board of Directors, Class of 1969
The mission of the Wittenberg Institute for Public Humanities and Sciences is:
- To provide learning and research opportunities for students in public-facing humanities and sciences through curricular and co-curricular opportunities and faculty-student collaborations.
- To increase the amount and range of faculty teaching, projects, and research in public-facing humanities and sciences.
- To train, support, and further the work of faculty who are engaging in public facing work.
- To create a regionally and nationally connected institute to foster the growth of public-facing humanities and sciences through innovative inter-institutional collaborations. These will include collaborations with ELCA institutions, SOCHE institutions, and Research 1 institutions.
- To create a culture at Wittenberg and beyond our campus where the utilization of the humanities and sciences for the public good is recognized and valued.
- To initiate a new signature program every two years that is responsive to the needs or trends of the public, which can be engaged through work in the humanities and sciences.