Destination Wittenberg: New Student Orientation
Destination Wittenberg is the New Student Orientation program that helps first-time freshmen and transfer students begin to acclimate to life as a Wittenberg University scholar. This one-day program, held on campus, begins at 8:00 a.m. with check-in and concludes at 5:00 p.m.
First-time freshmen and transfer scholars, and their families, are encouraged to participate in this program because it allows them to begin their successful transition to Wittenberg University. The program is designed to help scholars begin to identify their identity as a Wittenberg scholar through sessions on academic and student life, tours of the Wittenberg campus, meeting with Wittenberg faculty and advisors, and connect with Wittenberg students and other members of the Wittenberg community.
Destination Wittenberg Commitment:
- Introduce students to Wittenberg services that will support their educational and personal goals.
- Allow students to gain awareness of the academic advising system and gain a connection to faculty advisors to ensure on-time graduation.
- Help students become familiar with the Wittenberg campus community and feel good about their decision to attend Wittenberg University.
Fall 2020 Admitted Freshmen and Transfer Students Orientation Dates
- Friday, June 19
- Saturday, June 20
- Friday, June 26
Potential On-Campus Orientations
- Thursday, July 9
- Friday, July 10 (Transfer Student Track)
- Saturday, July 11
- Wednesday, July 15
- Thursday, July 16
- Friday, July 17
*Please note: Registration cost for Destination Wittenberg: New Student Orientation covers the scholar and one guest. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional guests will not be allowed.
*Please note: Registration for the on-campus orientations will be limited to 50 students and one guest. This information may change based on the directives of the Ohio Department of Public Health and the Office of the Governor.
Questions or Concerns?
- Summer Orientation Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org