Wittenberg University Career Services provides expertise and resources to help students effectively choose, prepare for and launch meaningful and rewarding careers.
Career Services assists students in enhancing their Liberal Arts education with "the power of experience." The Career Services office seeks to live into the university mission by helping students develop a sense of their calling and vocation.
210 COMPASS: Sweet Success Center
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
While these are our general office hours, the best way to ensure that we are free to meet with you when you arrive is to schedule an appointment.
Joi Garrett Scales
Quick Reference Guides
Need immediate guidance? The following "Quick Reference Guides" have been developed to assist you in getting a head start on searching for professional opportunities or with creating a resume and cover letter.
- Provide individual career consulting to assist students in understanding the relationship of their values, interests, personality, abilities and sense of vocation to a changing work world.
- Guide students through creating personalized four-year plan to help them make the most of their Wittenberg experience and to maximize their career potential.
- Direct students to experiential learning resources related to their goals, including summer jobs, volunteer work, internships, and special study programs.
- Provide services to seniors to assist them in making the transition from Wittenberg University to graduate/professional schools or the world of work.
- Maintain a network of Wittenberg alumni, parents and friends to advise and provide contacts for students and alumni in a wide range of career fields.
What Can We Do for YOU?
Career Services will help you make connections: with vocation, with majors, with internships, with potential employers. Your success in using those connections to find your calling will ultimately depend on the steps you take to build self knowledge and experience while at Wittenberg.
Want to learn more about what Wittenberg alumni have done with their education? Click here to read their stories #LifeAfterWitt
We can help you:
- bridge the gap between the classroom and the real world,
- learn about your interests, skills, abilities, and values,
- synthesize your experience into a strong resume,
- broaden your network of contacts,
- investigate further educational options,
- change the way you look at the world - and how you see your place in it.