Bill Martin Scholarship Requirements, Guidelines, and Application
This scholarship has been funded due to the generosity of William C. '62 and Sally A. Martin who reside in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Deeply loyal to Wittenberg, Mr. Martin, former athletic director at the University of Michigan and former president of the U.S. Olympic Committee, is committed to not only encouraging high school seniors to attend Wittenberg, but also to making it financially possible for them to do so.
Mr. Martin's generosity has made it possible that one full-tuition scholarship, renewable for four years, is awarded per year to a student who will be enrolling at Wittenberg in the 2018-2019 academic year. In order to be eligible for this scholarship students must:
- reside in either Washtenaw County, Houghton County or Keweenaw County, Michigan.
- be an incoming student in the Wittenberg Class of 2022.
- submit the Application for Admission (including all transcripts, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, or any additional documents) in full by the
Early Action I Deadline of December 1.
- submit the Bill Martin Scholarship Application no later than the Early Action I deadline of December 1 (see below).
- demonstrate financial need by submitting the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) prior to the priority deadline of March 1 in order to be considered for this scholarship.
Important Dates to Remember:
December 1 - Submit full Application for Admission and Bill Martin Scholarship Application.
February 15 - Chosen candidates will be notified if they have been selected by the scholarship committee to take part in an interview.
March 5 - The scholarship recipient will be notified of selection.
April 15 - It is requested that the recipient notify the Office of Admission of his/her acceptance of the award along with the $500 enrollment deposit. Those students who were not selected will be notified at this time.
*Students will be notified on or before the above dates.
Please direct any questions to the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-206-0332.