A diverse international presence is important to Wittenberg's mission. The University is committed to assisting highly qualified international students in financing their education.
Merit-based scholarships are available to all international applicants. Scholarships for international students begin at $6,000.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements. Students must:
- Demonstrate academic achievement, personal success, co-curricular involvement, and financial need.
- Meet minimum admission requirements
- Achieve SAT combined score of 1050 or higher or ACT composite score of 20 or higher
Additional Financial Aid Information:
- Wittenberg is a NCAA Division III school; therefore, athletic scholarships are not offered.
- The Admission Committee will request additional information from qualifying students.
- Student loans are generally not available for international students.
- Campus employment is available to students with financial need. Students who receive it as part of their financial aid package will have the opportunity to apply for employment on campus. The maximum amount a student can earn from a campus job is $2,000 per year. That is the equivalent of working approximately eight hours each week.
Family Financial Contribution Requirement:
Wittenberg seeks to meet the financial need of each student. Because there is a limit to the amount of money that can be awarded, if a student's needs are too high, that student's application may be declined and the scholarship allocated to a student whose financial need Wittenberg can meet. The smaller the student's need, the more likely it is that we will be able to meet that financial need. Applicants demonstrating less than US $25,000 per year will not be considered or accepted. Those in need of high financial assistance are encouraged to pursue other schools where more financial assistance is offered.
Expenses, Scholarships, & Financial Aid:
Total Direct Charges for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
|Student Activity Fee||150||150||300|
* Standard room rate. Pricing may vary dependent upon dorm and room selection. Please refer to individual housing contract for cost clarification.
** Carte Blanche Meal Plan (Provides Unlimited Meals & $100 Bonus Dollars)
Additional options for students include:
- 225 Flex Meal Plan/$100 Bonus Dollars at $2,260 per semester
- 150 Flex Meal Plan/$200 Bonus Dollars at $2,003 per semester (upper class only)
- 85 Meals/$200 Bonus Dollars at $1,302 per semester (Greek & Off-Campus students only)
- 45 Meals/$200 Bonus Dollars at $829 per semester (Greek & Off-Campus students only)
***All students residing in the residence halls are required to have a university board plan
Expenses are subject to change by action of the Board of Directors from year to year. Previous increases have ranged from 1-7%. Similar increases should be expected in future years.
Billing & Payment:
- Before students are approved to receive an I-20, they must be able to certify financial support for these costs while they are in the United States. Financial assistance is available; however, there are no full scholarships.
- All students are required to live on-campus in a residence hall and participate in a meal plan for their first two academic years at Wittenberg. In addition to living in a residence hall, on-campus living in Wittenberg-owned apartments and houses is also an option for students in their third and fourth years at Wittenberg.
- Bills are emailed on a semester basis. Tuition, room, and board will be divided in half, with 50% due in July and 50% due in December. Monthly payment plans are also an option. When students make the commitment to attend Wittenberg, they are given more information about the different payment options.
- The annual health insurance fee will be billed to the fall semester.
- Personal living expenses and books are not billed to the student account because they will be paid by the student directly.
- International Student Financial Aid Application must be received before an admission decision can be made.
- Financial Verification Paperwork will need to be submitted by May 1 in order to secure a position at Wittenberg.
- If you have any questions concerning International Education please contact the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.