When you can’t come to the library, or prefer to work remotely, there are many ways we can provide you with help and services!
Need in-depth research, or just have a quick question? Contact us by chat, email or phone!
Chat Reference Ask Us! – chat online with a Witt librarian Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm EDT, other times by appointment - email or call us to set up an appointment.
Call us at: 937-327-7511, if we don't answer, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can (During the Covid-19 emergency, we may call you from a non-Wittenberg phone number).
Email Witt librarians: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Materials and Tools
- Credo Online Reference This is a great resource for reference materials.
- The best way to find ebooks is in EZRA, our online catalog. Do a search just like you normally would, then click the “Modify Search” button near the top. Change the drop-down from “Any Material Type” to “Ebooks” and click the big red “Search” button.
- The OhioLINK Electronic Book Center is another way to find quality ebooks.
- Other sources for ebooks: https://www.wittenberg.edu/lib/find/ebooks
Articles & Research Databases:
A searchable list of all of our databases. You have full access to these databases from off-campus with your last name and library barcode.
Logging in to Library Resources from Off-Campus
When accessing the library's subscription resources like Academic Search Complete, JSTOR and other databases from off-campus, you will be prompted to log in with your last name and your library barcode. It is very important that you access these subscription databases from the Library’s website while off campus. If you simply type in a URL (for example jstor.org) you will not have full access to these subscription resources.
Your library barcode can be found on the back of your Witt ID or when you log in to MyWitt you will find “Display Library Barcode” listed on the “Campus” tab. Please email email@example.com if you have trouble accessing library resources from off-campus.
Interlibrary Loan for Journal Articles
Due the COVID-19 emergency Interlibrary Loan is not currently available.
Renew Books Online
You can continue to renew books (including OhioLINK books) online at http://ezra.wittenberg.edu – just click on the gray button to “Renew & Your Library Account”. Again, you’ll find your library barcode number on the back of your Witt ID or you can see it if you log into MyWitt. If you are having trouble renewing an item or have run out of renewals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the duration of the COVID-19 emergency, we will be extending due dates for books you already have checked out. Once this crisis has passed, we will communicate with the campus community regarding returning books to Thomas Library. If we can't extend the due date, your fines will be waived after you return the material.
The library has a book drop to the left of the main entrance, where you may return items without entering the building.
If you cannot return to campus during the COVID-19 emergency, please keep your books and return them once you are back on campus. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Temporary Covid-19 Resources
Many digital resources are being offered for free temporarily to support students and educators. These resources are temporary and free access ends on different dates.
- Other textbooks - Other publishers are also making content available to students. For a list of those publishers and instructions on how to access materials. (You can also check with your professor about which book publisher you are using—and some professors have already asked for online access for texts.)
- Films On Demand - the library has set up trial access until July 6, 2020 for a streaming video collection. This collection includes educational videos from BBC Worldwide, Bill Moyers documentaries, TEDTalks, PBS, HBO, Films for the Humanities and Sciences, and Ken Burns documentaries and covers a broad range of subject areas. Films on Demand can also be found in our list of All Databases. You will be directed to enter your last name and your library barcode (from the back of your Witt ID or log on to MyWitt, click on Campus tab and then Display Library barcode).
Online Book and Journal Combinations
- HeinOnline Academic - Full text access to more than 280,000 historical and government documents. Trial ends December 15, 2020.