Please note: All TV manufacturers differ, so menu options, wording and other items may vary. The best way to complete the channel scan is to refer to the TV owner's manual. If that is unavailable, the following general steps should guide you through the process.
NOTE: Residential Time Warner Cable Digital Converter boxes will not work on our campus.
The Campus Digital Cable system requires a QAM digital cable tuner to connect.
CLICK HERE to download Residential College & University Cable TV Channel Guide
- If you have a smart TV DO NOT connect it to any wireless or wired network
- Using your television's remote control, press the Menu or Settings option.
Note: a "Smart TV" may have a smart button that must be used to access the settings menu. It will generally have the manufacturer's logo on it.
- Locate Channels or Tuner Set Up option.
- Check the menu for an option of Antenna Type or Connection Type followed by either Antenna or Cable.
- Make sure that the designated setting is Cable (based on manufacturer, alternate choices may include Digital Cable, CATV or Cable STD)
- From the menu, choose Digital Channel Search (based on manufacturer, alternate choices may include Channel Scan, Channel Search or Autoprogram.)
- Allow the TV to complete the search. You will see a bar listing how many channels have been found. The process may take up to an hour.
- Once complete, confirm the menu prompt, then press an exit or quit option.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ELEMENT TVs from Walmart and Target, as well as models from Westinghouse, SEIKI and Sceptre:
Element Brand TVs from Walmart and Target, as well as those manufactured by Westinghouse, SEIKI and Sceptre are not compatibile with the Digital cable system, on our campus. This is a manufacturer issue and there is no solution at this time for such TVs.
SEIKI MUSE models: The Channel finder will not work, but you can manually type in the digital cable numbers to see if it works that way.
This document last reviewed August 17th, 2020