Wittenberg Campus Wireless
How to connect your devices to the Campus Wireless network, from notebooks to gaming consoles.
- Witt-Secure: Wireless for Student, Faculty and Staff
- Witt-Guest: Guest Wireless for PCs, Macintoshes and Mobile Devices
- witt-air: Wireless for Gaming systems, SmartTVs, Chromecasts, AppleTV,and some Smart Home devices (e.g. Amazon Echo, Google Home)
- Prohibited items: Wireless Printers and networking hardware
Witt-Secure: Wireless for Student, Faculty and Staff
NOTE: This is not for TVs and Gaming Devices, see the witt-air section for that
- Make sure that the Wireless is enabled on your desktop, notebook or mobile device
- Select Witt-Secure
- When prompted for a username and password enter in your Campus Username and Campus Password
- NOTE: A dialog box may appear saying that the server cannot be validated, or there is a certificate error. This is a false positive, the connection is still secure. Simply click Continue to connect.
Witt-Guest: Guest Wireless for PCs, Macintoshes and Mobile Devices
If you are a Student, Faculty or Staff member it is recommended that you use Witt-Secure as appropriate and to NOT use Witt-Guest.
- Make sure that the Wireless is enabled on your desktop, notebook or Mobile Device
- Select Witt-Guest
- If your web browser does not open automatically, open your web browser. Then fill out the information requested and click Submit.
- Witt-Guest will only allow connections for 3-days, after which you will have to re-register for a connection to Witt-Guest
witt-air: Wireless for Gaming systems, SmartTVs, Chromecasts, AppleTV,and some Smart Home devices (e.g. Amazon Echo, Google Home)
Witt-Air is intended for use by gaming devices (e.g. Sony Playstations, Xbox, SmartTVs, Chromecasts, and AppleTVs). Notebooks and Mobile Devices cannot be used on witt-air.
- Go to the network settings on the device
- Identify your MAC (Multipurpose Access Controller) Address for the wireless connection
This should be a 12 digit value, e.g. 001122334455
- On another device, go to
Note: there is an underscore between "self" and "registration"
Note: You have to be connected to the campus network in order to access this web site (e.g. Witt-Secure, or campus computer)
- Accept the certificate if prompted
- Log in using your Campus username and Password
- Accept the Acceptable Usage Policy
- Select Add
- Enter the wireless MAC address and a description of the device
- Log out
- Since witt-air is a hidden network, you will not see it listed. At the device select the option to connect to a hidden network, and when asked for the SSID enter in the following:
Note: witt-air should be all lower case characters.
- If the connection does not work, please contact the Solution Center
Prohibited items: Wireless Printers and network devices
Since the network at Wittenberg University is not a home or personal network, it does not support wireless printers or network devices such as hubs, switches, and routers.
This document last reviewed May 15th, 2023