Wittenberg Campus Wireless
How to connect your devices to the Campus Wireless network, from notebooks to gaming consoles.
- Witt-Secure: Wireless for Student, Faculty and Staff
- Witt-Guest: Guest Wireless for PCs, Macintoshes and Mobile Devices
- witt-air: Wireless for Gaming systems, SmartTVs, Chromecasts and AppleTV
- Wireless Printers (not supported or recommended)
Witt-Secure: Wireless for Student, Faculty and Staff
NOTE: This is not for TVs and Gaming Devices, see the witt-air section for that
- Make sure that the Wireless is enabled on your desktop, notebook or mobile device
- Select Witt-Secure
- When prompted for a username and password enter in your Campus Username and Campus Password
- NOTE: A dialog box may appear saying that the server cannot be validated, or there is a certificate error. This is a false positive, the connection is still secure. Simply click Continue to connect.
Witt-Guest: Guest Wireless for PCs, Macintoshes and Mobile Devices
If you are a Student, Faculty or Staff member it is recommended that you use Witt-Secure as appropriate and to NOT use Witt-Guest.
- Make sure that the Wireless is enabled on your desktop, notebook or Mobile Device
- Select Witt-Guest
- If your web browser does not open automatically, open your web browser. Then fill out the information requested and click Submit.
- Witt-Guest will only allow connections for 3-days, after which you will have to re-register for a connection to Witt-Guest
witt-air: Wireless for Gaming systems, SmartTVs, Chromecasts and AppleTV
Witt-Air is intended for use by gaming devices (e.g. Sony Playstations, XBox etc.) as well as SamrtTVs, Chromecasts and AppleTVs. Notebooks and Mobile Devices should not be used on Witt-Air.
NOTE: at this time Roku devices are not supported.
- Go to the network settings on the device
- Identify your MAC (Multipurpose Access Controller) Address for the wireless connection
This should be a 12 digit value, e.g. 006B9E7CC26D
- On another device, go to https://nac1.wittenberg.edu/self_registration
Note: there is an underscore between "self" and "registration"
- Accept the certificate if prompted
- Log in using your Campus username and Password
- Accept the Acceptable Usage Policy
- Select Add
- Enter the wireless MAC address and a description of the device
- Log out
- At the device, search for a wireless connection and enter in "witt-air"
- If the connection does not work, please contact the Solution Center
Wireless Printers (not support or recommended)
Wittenberg ITS does not recommend nor support wireless printers on our wireless networks. It is recommended that you plug the printer directly into your computer.
This document last reviewed July 20, 2016.