As of Fall 2020, students are unable to declare a minor in Archaeology. Students who have previously declared will be able to complete the requirements. If you have questions, please check with your advisor, or contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Professor of History Darlene Brooks Hedstrom knows that a transformative learning environment creates lifelong learners. Emphasizing the discovery of new knowledge by unearthing the past, the archaeologist used the summer to get students out of the classroom and make them dig a little deeper, literally.
Thanks to Wittenberg’s unique summer programs, students had the rare opportunity to engage in a collaborative, hands-on archaeological excavation right on campus. Read More ...
Archaeology at Wittenberg:
- Video of Campus Excavation
- Archaeology Alumna's Photo celebrated by the Archaeological Institute of America
- Bio archaeologist Michael Blakey Speaks at Wittenberg
- Underwater Archaeology and Excavations in Spain
- Whitney Mihalik '10 shares passion for Archaeology
- Caitlen Lobl '16 take unique path in Archaeology
- Archaeology Club
Archaeology in the News:
- Uncovering Lost History: Wittenberg Archaeology & History Students Preserve Local History (published June 13, 2018)
- Going Beyond the Surface: Benco Award Winner Studies in Ireland (published July 3, 2018)
- Teaching Excellence: Wittenberg Professor Named Kenneth E. Wray Endowed Chair in the Humanities (published February 8, 2018)
- Engaging the Past: Caitlin Lobl ’16 Pursues Unique Path to Archaeology (published December 7, 2017)
- Digging Ireland: Hannah McCartney Accepted into Blackfriary Program (published June 2, 2017)
- Whitney Mihalik '10 Shares Passion for Archaeology: Teacher Brings Her Love of Subject to the Classroom (published May 30, 2017)
- Forza Italia Junior Lands Summer Internship at Turin Museum of Egyptology (published April 28, 2017)
- Stand-Outs: Students Impress at National Conference (published February 22, 2017)
- Digging in Deep: Student Archeologists Embrace History Through Hands-on Learning (published September 20, 2016)
- Archaeology in Ireland: Wittenberg Student Studies at Irish Archaeological Field School (published August 11, 2015)